Allerton is an integrated social care, housing, and development company, working so that everyone can live the life they choose in a home they love. We are looking to recruit Waking Night Support Workers to work within our purpose-built flats in North Petherton.
We support nine individuals ranging from 19 to 75 years old, these individuals have different needs including Learning Disabilities, Autism, Brain Injury, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Health and Epilepsy. The people we support live within their own self-contained flat. There is a communal room where all the people we support, and staff members can meet for drinks, meals, activities, and socialising.
This post is for Waking Nights: 10:00pm - 07:15am.
Rates of pay and benefits:
• Hourly rate: Waking nights £10 per hour.
• All induction and mandatory training is paid. This incorporates the Care Certificate if applicable.
• Adult care worker qualifications offered at a level sited to you funded by Allerton Care.
• Employee Assistance Programme made available to all employees.
• A professional, continuous personal supervision process, to ensure ongoing support and guidance.
• Pay as you earn scheme, which after passing probation allows you to withdraw funds before pay day for up to 25% of shifts worked.
• Willing to have an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. This will be funded by Allerton.
• Willingness to learn and undertake all mandatory training.
• Good communication skills essential and able to work under own initiative.
• Willingness to have a weekly Covid 19 test.
No previous experience is required as full training will be given. We believe that many other job roles and personal experiences provide the transferable skills needed within the role.
The successful candidate will be a people orientated individual who is passionate about delivering the highest standard of person-centred support. With a calming influence, you will be able to work under pressure, be responsive and adapt quickly to changing requirements.
At Allerton the people we support are genuinely at the heart of everything we do.
Our highly experienced expert teams consult with each customer, their family and the local authority to ensure the very best care and support, in line with their personal aspirations and goals.
What is more, our joined-up approach with our own property & developments team and partnerships with housing providers means we’re able to offer a seamless and highly responsive service. The big benefit for our customers is that this enables them to choose how and where they want to live.
We deliver care and support services to adults with physical or learning disabilities, as well as mental health and other complex needs.