Are you currently providing care but would like to have more time to care in one of our locations per shift – rather than often commuting? Or are you a naturally caring person and would like to start your career in Care?
We work to inspire vibrant community hubs that enriches our clients’ later lives by promoting a way of life that gives people as many opportunities as possible to remain mentally and physically active. Care Support has been providing care and support to people for over 20 years. Originating in the homecare sector, we have now developed into a specialist Extra Care provider, delivering personalised Extra Care and support to over 800 clients in the South East and continuing to grow.
- No two nights are the same and your responsibilities will range from helping clients to get up, from washing, bathing, toileting to helping with all the little things; the laundry, cleaning, shopping and cooking.
- Your role, according to the Care Plan that you’re providing, may also include providing specialist care and supporting our clients with more complex needs.
- Full Time: Flexible hours between Monday to Friday (Awake) evenings – with the potential for shifts to remain the same weekly. You will also be required to work alternative weekends – which are important.
- Please note that the business is open during bank holidays and so we would need you to work on some bank holidays. Any bank holidays that you do work will be added back into your accrued holiday and can be taken at another time.
- You will work within one of four Extra Care schemes – based in either Upney or Dagenham.
- Harp House is a 2-minute walk from Upney train station.
- The scheme is situated in large building, offering a staff room with all the facilities you will need and where you can have your lunch and breaks.
- Our teams believe it’s an amazing scheme to work in due to the light and airy buildings, wonderful clients, approachable managers and friendly colleagues that helps each other where-ever they can.
- You will work with a like-minded team that genuinely care about our clients. We have a very interesting mix of clients, supporting with reduced mobility, palliative, mental health care, dementia and general support to promote a diverse range of independence.
- It is important that you have a self-motivated and cheerful attitude, with a naturally caring and considerate nature.
- You have a natural ability to build rapport with clients and it is super important that you are reliable as our clients depend on you and the responsibility for their care will fall to you.
- You have good verbal and written communication skills to ensure that every customer feels comfortable with you and you can communicate their care and requirements to the rest of the team.
- Please note that you will need an Enhanced DBS check in order to provide care support. We can accept a DBS from the Update Service or assist you with a check.
Benefits for you
- We offer a competitive salary of £8.91 per hour
- Up to 28 days paid holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays, pro rata)
- A competitive pension scheme to help you plan for the future
- Flexible working hours and local work
- We will invest and provide you with 2 x days FREE (face to face) Induction Training plus further E-Learning & Workbooks following which, on completion, you will receive a Care Training Certificate.
- We will also continue to support your development throughout your career with us, through refresher training, knowledge and opportunities to develop your career within the care sector. It is important that you are willing to undergo continuous training and supervision when required – and we will in turn offer you regular support and recognition.
If you are passionate about supporting customers and genuinely want to provide good care, we can offer you a career working in a friendly and supportive environment so please get in touch with us today!
Care Support is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes a criminal record check.
About Care Support
Care Support has been providing care and support to people for over 20 years. Originating in the homecare sector, it has now developed into a specialist extra care provider, delivering personalised care and support to over 800 units of extra care in the South East and continuing to grow.
The management team at Care Support passionately believes in the benefits of extra care and, wherever it is commissioned, Care Support stimulates vibrant community hubs that promote a way of life that gives people as many opportunities as possible to remain mentally and physically active, to enjoy later life to the full and to remain active and useful members of their communities.