Care Worker - It's all about working as part of a team!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: £10.00-£12.00 per hour
Meal planning and preparation, routine housekeeping activities such as making/changing beds, dusting, vacuuming, washing floors, cleaning kitchen and bathroom, and laundry.
Provide companionship including social interactions, conversations, emotional reassurance and encouragement of activities that stimulate the mind.
Talk, listen, share experiences, play games/cards, read to client etc.
Accompany clients to hospital appointments, day centres and social events. (if correct car insurance is in place)
Perform/assist with essential shopping/errands, which may include handling the client’s money in accordance with the care plan.
Ensure service is delivered in accordance with all relevant policies, procedures and practices.
Follow the written care plan and risk assessment.
Carry out duties as assigned by the supervisors and office staff.
Assist with personal care, where required.
Complete and maintain records of daily activities and direct hours of service.
Attend induction, in-house training sessions and staff meetings as and when required in adherence to current law and legislation.
Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
You will be emailed your schedule on a Friday for the following week, our rotas run from Monday- Sunday.
Our call times start from around 7.00am and finish by 9.00pm. Your working hours will be dictated and agreed by your availability. However, part time working is available subject to an on-going rota.
- Celebrate birthdays
- Long standing service awards from 2 years
- Care Worker of the month
- Seasonal gifts
- Becoming a mentor or champion
- Becoming a staff representative
- Sensible route planning
- Birthday’s off or a day in lieu- it’s up to you!
- End of probation certificate and bonus
- Refer a friend scheme
- Mileage paid to your first and last client daily, not including breaks, within a 10 mile radius
- Following competition of your probation period, we will pay for your annual MOT certificate only
- Enhanced bank holiday pay rates
- Enhanced rates of pay based on qualifications and performance
- Paid refresher and specialist training
Skills & Abilities
All staff are provided with full training and PPE equipment, masks, gloves, aprons, sanitiser etc.