Would you like to join a company dedicated to providing their clients with the sensitivity required to provide services in a way which will preserve their dignity, privacy, choice, independence, fullfilment and rights?
We work to inspire vibrant community hubs that enriches our clients’ later lives by promoting a way of life that gives people as many opportunities as possible to remain mentally and physically active. Care Support has been providing care and support to people for over 20 years. Originating in the homecare sector, we have now developed into a specialist Extra Care provider, delivering personalised Extra Care and support to over 800 clients in the South East and continuing to grow.
No two days are the same and your responsibilities will range from supervising the provision of care and support provided at our Extra Care scheme in Torbay.
- Management experience of service provision in the care profession
- Car owner/driver
- Experience of staff and contractor management
- Extra Care/ Supported Housing experience
- To have or be working towards a QCF level 5 award in Health and Social Care or equivalent
- Experience of management in domiciliary care or residential settings and/ or appropriate skills /qualifications. To be able to plan, allocate and evaluate the workload of all staff.
- To able to develop and maintain the quality control system.
- Contractual compliance
- To understand and implement legislation and regulations relevant to care and support staff and user groups.
- To be able to allocate, monitor and control financial resources.
- To be able to create and maintain administrative systems.
- To be able to recruit, select and effectively supervise all care staff working in sheltered accommodation.
- To be able to arrange the implementation of induction and other relevant training programs, and to identify and provide for on-going training needs.
- To be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- To be able to develop and maintain good assessment and review procedures within a reabling framework which become the foundation for appropriate care and support plans for all customers living in the Extra Care Scheme.
- To be able to ensure that appropriate kinds of reabling interventions take place to meet the user’s needs and requirements.
- To liaise with other agencies involved with the Extra Care Scheme and with the residents to ensure the provision of integrated services.
- To have a good working knowledge of Health and Safety.
Benefits for you
- We offer a competitive salary of £25000 - £30000 per annum
- Up to 28 days paid holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays, pro rata)
- A competitive pension scheme to help you plan for the future
Care Support is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes a criminal record check.
About Care Support
Care Support has been providing care and support to people for over 20 years. Originating in the homecare sector, it has now developed into a specialist extra care provider, delivering personalised care and support to over 800 units of extra care in the South East and continuing to grow.
The management team at Care Support passionately believes in the benefits of extra care and, wherever it is commissioned, Care Support stimulates vibrant community hubs that promote a way of life that gives people as many opportunities as possible to remain mentally and physically active, to enjoy later life to the full and to remain active and useful members of their communities.