Earn up to £10.60 - £13.00 per hour being a Part-time Care Assistant with Home Instead Guildford & Woking.
Are you an empathetic and compassionate person who wants to make a difference in your community? We are looking for Care Assistants (Caregivers) to help enable people to remain independent in their homes.
We are offering a variety of part-time hours in the Guildford and Woking area. Whether you are a parent of young children, seeking a second income or retired and looking for a new challenge, we have the hours to suit you.
· As a Care Assistant, you will receive industry leading training, great rates of pay and excellent support.
· We have been rated ‘outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission, something we’re very proud of as it’s the highest rating that can achieved.
· We have an excellent reputation locally and a waiting list of clients waiting to receive care from us, which means the work is always there for our Caregivers.
· Our reliability bonus rewards our team members who don’t throw back calls or let down the Scheduling team at the last moment. As a thank you for your reliability, we will add an extra 80/90p an hour for every hour you worked in the month.
· We provide great training and support, we have a three-day office-based course and then extensive shadowing, touch base calls and ongoing check ins, ensuring you’re comfortable and confident before the Care Team make you independent.
· This is one of the few roles, within reason, where you can make your own shift pattern and tell us when you would like to work. Caring is not a 9 to 5 role, so we’ll work with you to get you the hours you want.
· After a year of service, we will support you in gaining a qualification in NVQ Adult Health and Social Care, if desired.
· Although there are a few exceptions, as a general rule all of our calls are a minimum of one-hour, ensuring the call isn’t rushed and is enjoyable for both you and the client.
· You receive accrued paid holiday, for every 8.28 hours you work you will earn an hour’s paid leave.
· We have a confidential Employee Assistance Programme and a staff discount portal.
· We have a friendly and supportive office team and out-of-hours support.
· Discretionary bonuses including gifts for reaching work anniversaries and achieving 'hours of care' milestones. As well as monthly competitions.
· We offer a free DBS check.
· If a client cancels with less than 96 hours’ notice, you will still be paid for that visit.
To be eligible for this position, we would need you to say yes to our five key questions:
1. Do you drive and have access to a vehicle?
2. Do you live in, or near, the Guildford and Woking area of Surrey?
3. Will you be willing, after training, to provide personal care for our clients when required?
4. Are you aged 18 or over?
5. Are you able to commit to a minimum of 14 hours per week including a minimum of 4 hours every weekend or 8 hours every other weekend.
If you can say yes to the five questions above, we’d love to hear from you.
Home Instead is the world’s leading provider of domiciliary care, live-in care, non-medical care and companionship services for older people. With passionate and motivated staff, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide. We match our CAREGivers to our clients based on mutual interests and hobbies to help build bonds of trust and enables us to provide personalised support. Our team has been rated ‘outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission and we have been rated as a ‘5-star employer’ by WorkBuzz.