A fantastic opportunity has presented itself with the people we support at Allerton Care & Support – South West.
We are looking to appoint Support Workers to work in Bridgwater to support vulnerable adults.
This role has a set shift pattern based around the people we support. You will be required to work long day shifts. The job is very rewarding, and no day is the same here at Allerton Care & Support.
Duties will include:
• Support with shopping, correspondence, meal preparation and household chores.
• Prompt daily personal care, whilst maintaining privacy, dignity, and respect.
• Support with planning and attending leisure or educational activities. This can range from day centres, College, gardening clubs, bingo, discos, meals out, bowling, holidays, and day trips such as zoos or sporting events.
• Administer medication and arrange medical appointments as required.
• Encourage and support individuals to maintain friendships and family links.
Rates of pay and Benefits:
• Competitive hourly rates: Days £9.20 per hour, Waking nights £10 per hour & Sleep ins £80 per night.
• All induction and mandatory training is paid. This incorporates the Care Certificate if applicable.
• Adult care worker qualifications offered at a level sited to you funded by Allerton Care
• Employee Assistance Programme made available to all employees
• A Professional, Continuous personal supervision process, to ensure ongoing support and guidance.
• A DBS certificate (Disclosure and Barring Service) funded by Allerton.
• Pay as you earn scheme, which after passing probation allows you to withdraw funds before pay day for up to 25% of shifts worked.
No previous experience is required as full training will be given. We believe that many other job roles and personal experiences provide the transferable skills needed within the role.
The successful candidate will be a people orientated individual who is passionate about delivering the highest standard of person-centred support. With a calming influence, you will be able to work under pressure, be responsive and adapt quickly to changing requirements.
Allerton Care are expanding nationwide. If you feel you have the skills to excel in this role, we are looking forward to hearing from you! Please send your CV or contact us for more information.
At Allerton the people we support are genuinely at the heart of everything we do.
Our highly experienced expert teams consult with each customer, their family and the local authority to ensure the very best care and support, in line with their personal aspirations and goals.
What is more, our joined-up approach with our own property & developments team and partnerships with housing providers means we’re able to offer a seamless and highly responsive service. The big benefit for our customers is that this enables them to choose how and where they want to live.
We deliver care and support services to adults with physical or learning disabilities, as well as mental health and other complex needs.