Support Solutions (West Sussex) is a small care company aiming to treat our staff with the respect they deserve.
We are looking for Healthcare Assistants for a number of shifts. Our shifts are between 07.00-14.00 and 16.00-22.00 daily. We work on the basis of 5 working days a week (if you wish to work 6 that is your choice), this will include alternate weekends. We have contracted hours, with 40 weekly hours being the maximum (again if you wish for more that is your choice).
Why Join Support Solutions?
We love what we do: " It doesn't feel like work". Every day we are out in the community improving people's lives, which is infinitely rewarding.
Who will you work with?
There is a great range of clients that we work with and we are not limited to a certain type of care. We work with young adults to elderly people with a range of needs. From mental health, physically disabled, dementia, general help at home and much more.
You will work within a great team that helps each other when needed. We have staff that enjoy their roles here, and have given feedback to which we in the office listen to and adjust our working style.
Progress your career with us!
We support our team to progress their career within the Healthcare Sector. We promote these experiences in order to assist with promotions which are readily available in our expanding team.
See below a path for progression with our in-house trainer and NVQ Assessor:
NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care
- Entry Level
- Provided for those who have come into the Home Care role, with no previous experience.
- Discussed at 3 month probation meeting
NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care
- Supervision Level
- Provided for those with previous Home Care experience
- Discussed at 3 month probation meeting
NVQ Level 5 in Health and Social Care
- Registered Manager Level
- Discussed after gaining NVQ Level 3
- Usually discussed once supervisor role has been obtained and managed well for over 1 year.
Do I need experience?
There is no experience required to join our team. We offer all necessary training and shadowing before going out on shift. All training is provided ONLINE and can be completed remotely. Once all training has been completed we provide shadow shifts with clients you will see regularly. During the shadow shifts competency for medication and manual handling is assessed. The online training is paid after completing your 3 month probation period.
Benefits of being a Home Care Assistant at Support Solutions (West Sussex) are :-
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension
- Bonuses- Travel time and mileage paid between your first and last care calls. Mileage paid at 30p per mile, and travel time paid at your standard rate.
- Training paid in full after probation period
Key Skills for a Home Care Assistant at Support Solutions (West Sussex)-
- An interest in people and a commitment to helping others
- The ability to communicate clearly and sensitively with vulnerable people and their families
- Good written communication skills
- Good listening skill
- An empathetic approach to clients
- The ability to carry out practical and domestic duties
- Good problem-solving abilities
- An organized, efficient and flexible approach to the job
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good time management skills
- A non- judgemental attitude regardless of the client's needs or situation
- The ability to communicate with other healthcare and social work professionals
Responsibilities of a Home Care Assistant at Support Solutions (West Sussex)-
- To provide personal and practical care services for people with a wide range of illnesses and disabilities
- To assist clients with a variety of tasks that may include personal care, dressing / undressing, bathroom related activities and assisting with medication, where necessary
- To assist clients with mobility problems and other physical disabilities and help with the use and care of aids and equipment
- To help care for those who are at the stages of end of life
- To help in the promotion of mental and physical wellbeing of clients through talking to them, engaging in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreation.
- To undertake domestic duties within a client’s home, as necessary
- To prepare meals and assist with eating and drinking where required
- Take part in staff and client meetings as directed
- To conform to all policies, procedures and guidelines laid down by Support Solutions in respect of carrying out your care duties and in other administrative aspects of the business, as relevant
- To carry out accurately, and in a competent manner, instructions from managers and supervisors, adhering to the support plan and risk assessments of the clients we support
- To actively talk and listen to clients, enabling them to make personal choices
- To ensure all visits are for the time allowed, and as scheduled
- To maintain accurate, concise, relevant, and timely records of the client’s care through feedback notes, medication forms, financial transaction sheets and timesheets
- To document each visit in the feedback notes, detailing tasks undertaken, any changes which have occurred and other relevant information
- To be considerate in respect of comments recorded in the system so as not to unduly or unintentionally offend or upset the client, as they and their family/representatives are entitled to read these comments
- To maintain accurate records and documentation around any monies that a client asks to be supported with
- To return all relevant paperwork to the office where deemed necessary by the Company
- To be familiar with the Health and Safety Policy and to promote safe working practices
- To report and appropriately record any accident or incident which may occur – no matter how minor, whether to the client or staff member
- To ensure full compliance with infection control procedures following Company policy
- To report back to the manager or supervisor on any aspect of the client’s care which, in the view of the support worker, warrants investigation or urgent action
- To report to management any noticeable changes in health, behaviour or circumstances of a client, maintaining the client’s right to privacy and confidentiality
We are interested in speaking with people that have a background within the following : -
- Residential Care Homes
- Home Care Assistant
- Health Care
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.00-£15.00 per hour