We are currently offering a Support Worker position in Acomb.
Shifts are from 7am to 3pm and 3pm to 11pm including alternate weekends
• Preparing and serving meals
• Assisting the client with their weekly shop
• Supporting the client with medication (e.g., prompting and administering)
• Support with laundry and other light domestic duties
• Support with managing paperwork/bills, and running errands
• Providing social support
• Prompting clients (sometimes assisting) to complete personal cares
• Monitoring of health and general wellbeing
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Great interpersonal skills
• Able to work on own initiative and effectively as part of a team
• Able to cook basic meals
• Full UK Driving Licence
What can Support Solutions offer you?
• Ongoing training and support
• An on-call facility so you can always contact a manager outside of office hours
• Paid mileage and travel time between client visits
• Pool Cars (over 21's only)
There is no experience required to join our team. We provide all mandatory training and arrange shadow shifts before you visit clients alone - four days in-house training programme which covers above and beyond the basics, PLUS shadow shifts.
Salary range: £9.00 - £9.50 through the week
Part-time hours: 20-35 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £9.00-£12.00 per hour
We are a HomeCare company which also franchises its model. We have 2 locations of our own, York and Harrogate, Harrogate is a sub office and not a registered office, it is used for advertising and staff so they do not need to travel to York. We have franchises across the UK which is growing all the time. we are small enough to care and support everyone but big enough to compete and and influence change.
All our staff are contracted on a 2 week rolling rota, we pay for every minute at work including all travel time between clients which is mapped by GPS, we also pay 30p per mile, offer pool cars for drivers over 2. We provide £12 for every weekend hour worked and start our pay schedules from £9 per hour depending on experience and role contracted too.
We offer full time and part time roles which include every other weekend weakling, we also offer just weekends, or evenings.
We work with a range of clients that include, children, mental health, learning disabilities, elderly, end of life, dementia. All our calls are a minimum of 30 mins.
We welcome those that wish to progress in the sector and offer training above and beyond basic training, that also comes with regular supervisions, weekly updates sent via email and staff meetings.