Evenings & Weekends Care Assistant
Health Vision UK, Network Hub, 300 Kensal Road, W10 5BE
Areas and Payrates
£9.47-£11 per hour
Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea
Carries out assigned tasks to provide general household assistance, personal care and companionship for clients in their homes. This role is performed in accordance with the Employee Handbook and Health Vision’s policies and procedures
· To provide care and support for the client at home
· Once work has been assigned, plan your journey and allow plenty of time to get there
· To maintain professional standards of care and behaviour at all times, and to promote Health Vision in a positive manner
· To document and maintain clear and accurate records of care given
· To advise your Care Team Supervisor (CTS) or Co-ordinator of any incidents or situations that cause concern or threaten client or carer safety
· To provide prescribed care that has been instructed / shown by the CTS
· Be patient and sensitive to the needs of people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
· Have an awareness of the responsibilities related to maintaining client and organisation confidentiality.
· Identification - must always wear Health Vision identity badge when undertaking Health Vision duties
· The Care Assistant reports directly to the Care Coordinator, with serious issues to be raised to the Registered care Manager. It is the responsibility of the Care Assistant to report any changes or alterations of care or the condition of the client and or working environment. The Care Assistant is responsible and accountable for their actions and care that they provide to clients.
There is the expectation that the Care Assistant will communicate regularly with the Care Supervisors and Care Coordinators. Weekly work schedules will be provided every Thursday, any planned or unplanned changes to these must be communicated to the Care Coordinator on the Tuesday a week prior.
Health Vision actively promotes the wishes and choices of Service Users to ensure they receive a personalized service. As a care assistant you will need to be responsive and flexible to changing needs and report these to the office.
Health Vision follows the ‘outcomes’ model of care, where specific goals and desired outcomes are planned, with the input from the Service User, at the beginning of a care package. Delivery of care is always undertaken with these outcomes in mind, with regular feedback from carers essential in monitoring the progress of the Service User.
Most common external contacts:
· Clients and their family
· Community Care providers, and Other Health professionals
· Care Managers
Most common internal contacts:
· Care Team Supervisor/ Care Coordinator
· Registered Care Manager
· Colleagues and care team members
· Need to be mature and responsible with a friendly helpful manner
· Ability to work in clients’ homes
· Need to be practical, punctual, tidy and able to follow instructions
· Motivation and ability to organise own time
· Good written and oral communication skills
· Commitment to being sensitive to needs of other cultures
APPLY FOR JOB:
Website: Upload CV on our Website: www.healthvisionuk.co.uk
Email: Send CV to our Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a trusted provider for over 600 individuals who receive our services. We support people with a range of needs right across London, all from our North Kensington office. Growth has come thanks to our excellent reputation among a local network of referrers, from community groups, social workers and advocates.
We have a large team of wonderful carers, many of whom I know personally, who have a range of interests and backgrounds. We’ll try to match your needs and interests with those of your carer. We also pay our carers very well (starting at £9.15 per hour), so to attract the most caring and empathetic carers for you. Our carers are well trained and receive regular support to ensure they meet our very high standards.