We have a rare exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionate Senior Care Assistant to provide support to the elderly with various needs to make a positive difference to their lives.
At Pine Lodge we pride ourselves in providing quality person centred care to our residents. We specialise in dementia care, end of life care, Parkinson's, strokes and Autism. We don't just cover the essentials we ensure the people we support live life to the full including a busy social lives, pets and hobbies and gain as much independence as possible.
We are looking for part time Senior Care Assistants to join our small friendly team, shifts run from 8am-2pm, 2pm-8pm or 8am-8pm. You will be responsible for medication management, including administration, ordering, returns, stock check and signing medications in to the building. You will deal with all health professionals phone calls and ensure the day is run smoothly and all tasks are completed. You will take part in the on call rota and will be expected to work one day on your weekend on and be on call the other day. For example on your weekend to work you would work the Saturday and be on call on the Sunday where you will be expected to take calls, give advice and cover any sickness if necessary.
Why join us:
- £9.69 per hour, with enhanced rates for overtime at short notice.
- Fully paid and comprehensive induction and ongoing training.
- Pine Lodge will pay for your enhanced DBS, however if you leave us within 9 months of your employment start date the costs of this will come out of your final wage.
- 5.6 weeks annual leave
- Company Pension scheme
- NVQ contract available
- Development and promotion opportunities available
- A rewarding job with a supportive team!
Our Senior Care Assistants:
- Make every day amazing - we love to see the people we support smile, we do all we can to help the people we support get the most out of every day.
- Celebrate Uniqueness - everyone is different, we want you to find the way to get the best out of all the people we support and promote each individual's independence, choice, dignity and privacy while putting a smile on their face.
- Fun - while the day to day things need to be done including (but not limited to) help with personal care, cleaning, tidying, laundry and assistance with medication find a fun way of supporting them, the more fun you can fit in to the day the better your day will be!
- Be Brave - We encourage our staff teams to be creative and innovative in the way things are done. If you think there is a better way to do things, tell us.
- Quality - We lead the sector on quality from the support we provide to the people we support to the training we provide to our staff. We provide an excellent induction and a sector leading training programme as well as supporting you through your QCF in Health and Social Care.
- Move Mountains - We do not shy away from a challenge, We work with families, medical staff and stakeholders to help the people we support achieve their dreams.
We are looking for Senior Care Assistants who are/have:
- Passionate about making a difference to people's lives
- Honest and reliable
- Positive and a good role model
- Loyal and committed
- Good communication skills
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- NVQ Health and Social Care level 3 is desirable but not essential as full training is provided, however you must have a NVQ level 2.
- Ability to manage challenging situations with support and training
* An enhanced DBS will be required for successful candidates.
* All applicants must be over the age of 18.
For more information please contact Carolyn or Kate on 01934 622539