A fantastic opportunity has presented itself with ourselves and the people we support at Allerton Care & Support – South West. We provide a fun and positive environment for everyone to thrive within and to help individuals get involved with day-to-day experiences and activities to work towards independent living within their homes.
We are looking to appoint a Bank Support Worker to work across all our homes in the South West, working on a shift basis. This includes working weekends, bank holidays and evenings and nights.
Duties will include:
• Support with shopping, correspondence, meal preparation and household chores.
• Assist with daily personal care, whilst maintaining privacy, dignity, and respect.
• Support with planning and attending leisure or educational activities. This can range from day centers, college, gardening clubs, bingo, discos, meals out, bowling, holidays and day trips such as zoos or sporting events.
• Administer medication and arrange medical appointments as required.
• Encourage and support individuals to maintain friendships and family links.
• Joining in on competitions and activities.
Rates of pay and Benefits:
• Competitive hourly rates: Days £9.20 per hour, Waking nights £10 per hour & Sleep ins £80 per night.
• All induction and mandatory training is paid. This incorporates the Care Certificate if applicable.
• Adult care worker qualifications offered at a level sited to you funded by Allerton Care.
• Employee Assistance Programme made available to all employees.
• A Professional, Continuous personal supervision process, to ensure ongoing support and guidance.
• A DBS certificate (Disclosure and Barring Service) funded by Allerton.
• Pay as you earn scheme, which after passing probation allows you to withdraw funds before pay day for up to 25% of shifts worked.
This is an exciting time to be joining a forward thinking, vibrant and growing business who support all our employees in their ability to excel and achieve.
The successful candidate will be a people orientated individual who is passionate about delivering the highest standard of person-centered support. With a calming influence, you will be able to work under pressure, be responsive and adapt quickly to changing requirements.
At Allerton the people we support are genuinely at the heart of everything we do.
Our highly experienced expert teams consult with each customer, their family and the local authority to ensure the very best care and support, in line with their personal aspirations and goals.
What is more, our joined-up approach with our own property & developments team and partnerships with housing providers means we’re able to offer a seamless and highly responsive service. The big benefit for our customers is that this enables them to choose how and where they want to live.
We deliver care and support services to adults with physical or learning disabilities, as well as mental health and other complex needs.