A fantastic opportunity has presented itself with the people we support at Allerton Care & Support – South West.
We are looking to appoint Support Workers to work within our purpose-built flats in North Petherton.
We support nine individuals ranging from 19 to 75 years old. These individuals have different needs including Learning Disabilities, Autism, Brain Injury, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Health and Tonic-Clonic Seizures.
The people we support live within their own self-contained flat. Part of the role will include lone working; however each flat has a call bell to request assistance from other staff whenever needed. There is a communal room where all of the people we support, and staff members can meet for drinks, meals, activities and socialising.
We offer hours to suit you and the people we support.
We can offer part- or full-time permanent contracts. We can also offer bank hours.
· Support with shopping, correspondence, meal preparation and household chores.
· Support with planning and attending leisure or educational activities. This can range from day centers, college, social clubs, meals out, bowling, holidays, and day trips.
· Assist with daily personal care, whilst maintaining privacy, dignity, and respect.
· Administer medication and arrange medical appointments as required.
· Encourage and support individuals to maintain friendships and family links.
Rates of pay and benefits:
· Competitive hourly rates: Days £9.20 per hour, Waking Nights £10 per hour, and Sleep Ins £80 per night.
· All induction and mandatory training is paid. This incorporates the Care Certificate if applicable.
· Adult care worker qualifications offered at a level suited to you funded by Allerton Care.
· Employee Assistance Programme made available to all employees.
· A Professional, continuous personal supervision process, to ensure ongoing support and guidance.
· A DBS certificate (Disclosure and Barring Service) funded by Allerton.
· Pay as you earn scheme.
No previous experience is required as full training will be given. We believe that many other job roles and personal experiences provide the transferable skills needed within the role.
The successful candidate will be a people orientated individual who is passionate about delivering the highest standard of person-centered support. With a calming influence, you will be able to work under pressure, be responsive and adapt quickly to changing requirements.
At Allerton the people we support are genuinely at the heart of everything we do.
Our highly experienced expert teams consult with each customer, their family and the local authority to ensure the very best care and support, in line with their personal aspirations and goals.
What is more, our joined-up approach with our own property & developments team and partnerships with housing providers means we’re able to offer a seamless and highly responsive service. The big benefit for our customers is that this enables them to choose how and where they want to live.
We deliver care and support services to adults with physical or learning disabilities, as well as mental health and other complex needs.