Sunderland Home Care Associates 20/20 Ltd is an award-winning employee-owned company with the ethos ‘People Before Benefits’. We began in 1994 with a team of 20 people providing support, we now employ nearly 400 staff.
Any profits are spent on providing a better service & towards rewarding our staff. We also support local community projects & we have donated to many good causes.
Employee ownership gives employees a real stake in the company, increasing their commitment and helping to raise staff retention and the quality of service provided.
SHCA are an equal opportunities employer
Benefits of a Extra Care Support Worker:
Rates of pay £8.91
Full or part time hours available, Flexibility is a must to cover days, evenings, nights, weekends, and public bank holidays according to the needs of the residents at Cherry Tree Gardens, DH5
Free company shares (once you have been with the company for 6 months)
Bonus scheme (usually summer and Christmas time)
No experience necessary as all staff will receive a comprehensive induction and training throughout employment for continuous development – All training is provided by the company
5.3 weeks paid holidays
Employee referral bonus scheme available
· To provide person centred care in accordance with the resident’s care plan
· To promote and always uphold the rights and dignity of all residents and respect their privacy and confidentiality
· To provide personal care in a sensitive and discreet manner
· Assisting residents to get up in the morning and going to bed in the evening, washing, bathing, dressing, feeding and assisting with mobility
· Assisting with toileting needs
· Preparing meals and drinks
· To perform household and domestic tasks, including shopping, paying bills, assisting with finances, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning all kitchen surfaces and floors, cleaning bathroom surfaces, laundry and ironing
· To prompt prescribed medication in accordance with care plans
· To attend all necessary training to ensure competence in all areas
· To accurately complete all necessary paperwork
· To actively support residents in sustaining existing and new relationships with families, friends and neighbours
· To support participation in activities encouraging social interaction
· To provide an escort service to enable residents to access the wider community
· To assist residents to regain and maintain life skills including making choices and retaining control of their lives
· To support residents to retain their personal cultural and spiritual identity
· To inform senior staff and relevant personnel of any concerns or changes regarding the needs of the resident
· To comply with all SHCA policies and procedures
· To maintain constant high levels of customer care
· To take immediate and appropriate action in the event of an emergency
· To participate in the general management and administration of SHCA
· To attend general meetings of SHCA
· Any other duties required
We are looking for people who can show:
· Strong communication skills
· A good listener
All staff are subject to a satisfactory DBS check and reference checks as part of our safer recruitment process
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £8.91 per hour
ALL PPE is supplied
Sunderland Home Care Associates is an employee owned social enterprise company. Staff members play a vital role in the decision-making process because they own a share in the company. This means profits are spent on providing a better service, to reward staff for their commitment and to provide high quality training for staff.
Sunderland Home Care Associates strongly believe that well trained staff become more confident and are able to offer a better quality service. All staff are encouraged to participate in training sessions to advance their own personal development.
Our philosophy is “People Before Profit” and we are motivated by the care of our service users and not by making money.