Purpose of role
To provide high quality homecare services that support the rights of customers to live the lives they choose as far as they are able. The registered manager is directly accountable to the Director(s) and to the regulatory body for domiciliary care.
Efficiently manage the day to day running of the business. Allocate resources and monitor performance to deliver high quality homecare to customers within budget. Manage all aspects of the staff team and provide sound leadership to ensure staff are clear about their respective duties and responsibilities and have the support they need to carry out their roles safely. To ensure all care packages are covered with an appropriate care worker at all times. To assist the director in the management of costs by ensuring working patterns are efficient and logical.
Duties and specific responsibilities
Manage the safety and quality of the business
- Be responsible for the safe delivery of the service in line with legislative requirements and company policy and procedures;
- Undertake training and development to keep up to date with the law, best practice and changes in company policy. Apply this knowledge to day to day management and delivery of care;
- Understand and monitor health and safety in the workplace and in the field. Act as lead for infection prevention and control;
- Maintain full and accurate records and reporting systems in accordance with legal requirements and to ensure the effective running of the business;
- Implement quality management and improvement systems. Effectively manage complaints and incidents. Carry out investigations relating to the quality of the service and use findings to make improvements;
- Be prepared to work flexibly to ensure the safe delivery of the service;
- Accepting, allocating and processing referrals for new work efficiently;
- Accepting and processing changes and amendments to existing care packages;
- Assigning care workers to customers, whilst working within the standards and requirements of the company;