We are looking for people with kind, compassionate hearts who want to make a true difference to the quality of life for our clients to join our team in the Guildford and Woking area of Surrey as a Care Assistant.
As a Care Assistant, you will provide a variety of non-medical services to enable our clients to remain in their own home, as safely and as independently as possible. You will have a passion for supporting others and pride yourself on delivering an outstanding service. You will be reliable, trustworthy and respectful.
Your days will be varied, as the support we provide is unique to each client. It is an expectation that you are to work as part of a team to provide continuous support for new and existing clients, which will include some evenings and alternate weekends.
- As a Care Assistant, you will receive industry leading training, great rates of pay and excellent support.
- We have been rated ‘outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission, something we’re very proud of as it’s the highest rating that can achieved.
- We have an excellent reputation locally and a waiting list of clients waiting to receive care from us, which means the work is always there for our CAREGivers.
- Our reliability bonus rewards our team members who don’t throw back calls or let down the Scheduling team at the last moment. As a thank you for your reliability, we will add an extra 80/90p an hour for every hour you worked in the month.
- We provide great training and support, we have a three-day office-based course and then extensive shadowing, touch base calls and ongoing check ins, ensuring you’re comfortable and confident before the Care Team make you independent.
- This is one of the few roles, within reason, where you can make your own shift pattern and tell us when you would like to work. Caring is not a 9 to 5 role, so we’ll work with you to get you the hours you want.
- After a year of service, we will support you in gaining a qualification in NVQ Adult Health and Social Care, if desired.
- Although there are a few exceptions, as a general rule all of our calls are a minimum of one-hour, ensuring the call isn’t rushed and is enjoyable for both you and the client.
- You receive accrued paid holiday, for every 8.28 hours you work you will earn an hour’s paid leave.
- We have a confidential Employee Assistance Programme and a staff discount portal.
- We have a friendly and supportive office team and out-of-hours support.
- Discretionary bonuses including gifts for reaching work anniversary’s, monthly competitions or achieving 'hours of care' milestones.
- We offer a free DBS check.
- If a client cancels with less than 96 hours’ notice, you will still be paid for that visit.
You do not need any experience or qualifications to become a CAREGiver. If your kind, compassionate and have a big heart, then you are qualified, so do not worry if you don't have exactly the right skills, our training will take care of the rest.
It is essential that you hold a full UK driving license and have access to a car, due to the location of our clients, we are not able consider candidates that don't have their own means of transport.
About Home Instead Guildford and Woking
Home Instead is the world’s leading provider of domiciliary care, live-in care, non-medical care and companionship services for older people. With passionate and motivated staff, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide. We match our CAREGivers to our clients based on mutual interests and hobbies to help build bonds of trust and enables us to provide personalised support. Our team has been rated ‘outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission and we have been rated as a ‘5-star employer’ by WorkBuzz.