Derbyshire Care Services is a growing organisation that supports people to live independently in their own home. We operate in Domiciliary and supported living.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about Health and Social Care to join our busy HR team in Derby. We employ circa 400 staff across Derbyshire and Staffordshire. The role involves a high volume of administrative tasks within a fast pace environment.
As the healthcare sector has many unique challenges such as:
· Compliance with regulations
· Employment of foreign workers
· Recruitment and retention of staff
· The management of large numbers of part-time staff
We are looking for the following qualities in our next candidate:
· Previous HR experience within an administrative capacity; ideally in the care sector.
· A caring attitude with a passion for helping others.
· Be respectful in the way you deal with people and actively try to build a good working relationship.
· Able to work on your initiative and as part of a team.
· Have meticulous attention to detail.
· Confident and to uphold HR values
· Manage and direct the day to day queries, able to work under pressure.
· Beneficial to have a CIPD level 3 or equivalent qualification or be studying towards it.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Keen eye to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
· Computer literate
The main duties are:
· Be responsible and involved with all aspects of the HR administration process. Return to Work, process doctors notes, DBS checks, update trackers, ensure the right to work checks are up to date, audit of staff files, scanning and filing.
· Onboarding and off boardings of staff.
· Manage changes to staff holidays and sickness. This is continuous due to the nature of the business.
· Maintain employee files in line with Legislation and Care Quality Standards
· Produce reports (as required).
· Good understanding of Employee Relations.
· Changes to T&C’s and assist with Employee Relations issues such as minute meetings.
· Communicate effectively and confidently at all levels, over the phone, face to face and by email.
This is a permanent role. Hours of work are 37.5 per week 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Founded in 2003, we are an established company who provide support at home and in the community in the Derby, Derbyshire and Stoke-on-Trent areas.
We also provide care services within three Extra Care schemes in Derby, and six in Stoke-on-Trent.
We are an organisation that seeks to empower and promote dignity and respect to enable our service users to live independent lives through making their own choices