ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT MAKING A POSITIVE AND LASTING DIFFERENCE TO CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE?
LCS are seeking committed and enthusiastic Waking Night Support Workers to work a maximum of 4 nights per week
Hours of work 11:00 pm – 08:00 am working on a weekly 7 day rotating shift pattern
Permanent position Salary £17,784 gross (4 nights per week)
Our vision is to make a positive and lasting difference to young people who have been in care and are moving towards independence. We provide young people with accommodation/housing, as well as support them to move towards independent living and educational achievements.
As a Waking Night Support Worker your role involves providing a responsive, customised and quality service to young people placed in their individual flat or shared house.
Young people supported by Leaving care solutions are vulnerable and you are responsible for ensuring that the home in which you are working provides a safe, welcoming and healthy environment for the young person living there.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
* Working in line with person centered risk assessments, support plans in place and liaise with support workers to provide a full handover
* Observe any change in behaviour ensuring appropriate actions are documented and report changes in support needs of any young person
* Maintain positive working relationships with young people, staff and professionals by communicating effectively at all times, and actively seek out ways to work with the team to improve the experience of young people in the service
* Ensuring continuous support is provided to young people at the standards of day staff with particular focus on the safety of vulnerable people
* Carry out any necessary health and safety actions including any cleaning tasks required along with set policies and procedures
* Liaising with external agencies such as police, Emergency Duty Team (EDT)
* Supporting young people who need to attend the hospital or police station
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE:
* Ideally have xperience of supporting young people who may be vulnerable
* Flexibility in their availability as the role will include some weekend work
* NVQ 2 Health & Social Care (desirable)
* Be willing to travel so a full driving licence and access to a vehicle is desirable, although good public transport links are available in the area
* Excellent computer skills
* You must be resilient and able to do deal with challenging and diverse behaviours positively
* Have strong self-awareness and commitment to acting as a positive role model
* Have a strong sense of personal accountability
* Be motivated to achieve excellence and have passion for supporting young people to reach their full potential
* Accredited Training
* Career mentoring
* Employee Discount Scheme and Pensions scheme
* 28 Days Annual Leave rising to 33 Days per year (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
Should this rewarding opportunity be of interest to you then please apply with your CV. Alternatively, please contact Claire should you wish to discuss the role in more in more detail
Go to job list