JOB DESCRIPTION: Transport
The role of a driver is to provide conveyance of residents to appointments and activities as required. The driver will be required to carry out any transport needs that may be required. There may be times when the driver will be expected to support the nursing team with resident care on a unit. To work as a member of our care delivery team in maintaining high standards of Resident Care. The driver will report to the Nurse Manager, they are also reportable to Head of Estates and Facilities.
This role includes a flexible working pattern, it may include working later or starting earlier, and may include some weekend working.
* The driver is to liaise with the nurses/ therapists for details of any appointments and the requirements of the appointment.
* You will be expected to convey patients in a safe, comfortable and sympathetic manner, observing road and driving conditions at all times
* Undertake daily routine vehicle checks, replenishing oil and water as necessary, completing administration to that effect
* Reporting any vehicle defects accordingly, including accident damage.
* Maintain the vehicle in a clean condition inside and out.
* The role includes conveying residents personal possessions during discharge or internal transfer. This may include residents in their own wheelchairs and can be physically demanding.
* The driver will not escort the resident without the support of a carer.
* You will also be involved in collecting monthly and ad hoc medication for the units
* Participate as a team member.
* Communicate with team any problems or difficulties.
* Maintain resident confidentiality/data protection.
* Adhere to all unit policy and procedures and maintain up-to-date knowledge.
* Maintain up-to-date mandatory training.
* Report any untoward incidents to the Nurse in Charge.
* Responsible for the security of keys, alarms and communication equipment.
* To monitor your own educational needs and to ensure you meet the requirements of your job
* Be prepared to undertake training for the benefit of The Oakleaf Group.
* You must maintain a clean driving licence
* You must report any cautions, or road traffic incidents to your line manager, including those during and outside of working hours.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities but reflects accurately the position.The Oakleaf Group reserves the right to evolve this job description in consultation with the post holder.
CareTech Community Services Ltd is a provider of specialist social care services supporting 5000 adults with a wide range of needs in more than 300 services across the UK. Committed to the highest standards of care and governance, we provide innovative care pathways for people to live in community settings with learning disabilities, severe physical disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, challenging behaviour, mental health, forensic needs and acquired brain injury within a range of settings including, supported living services, shared housing, residential services and outreach. We encourage people to take control of their lives – this could be finding employment, having an active social life, learning new skills or building self-confidence
Due to the nature of the position, successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment. The disclosure expense will be met by Caretech.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact every applicant. We will be in touch 7-10 days after receipt of your CV if progressing your application to the next stage.
CareTech Community Services are proud to advise that they are a Disability Confident Leader.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Go to job list