We are seeking to recruit an ambitious Care Manager to work within our team to supervise and grow an effective and efficient service.
The applicant will be adept in Customer Relationships Management, having primary responsibilities in relationships with commissioners, clients and purchasing managers and other relevant external bodies. The applicant will have strong commercial and financial capabilities, hold budget accountability and be effective negotiators and influencers, good knowledge of effective reporting, recording, monitoring and review of targets and also ensure routine internal audit processes of service delivery are followed, whilst ensuring CQC and ISO9001 compliance and prompt action is taken against non-compliance and will be fully involved in all aspects of the day to day management of their designated service, including line managing the relevant office and front line staff. Leadership and competence development in direct reports is a key responsibility of the role. Responsible for quality/performance monitoring of their own service.
* Successfully lead and motivate the team to ensure the championing of and maintenance of a positive local culture within the service. Work to continuously improve staff competence, ensure ownership of all employee issues and speedy and effective conflict resolution.
* Be responsible for the development, growth and operational performance of the service, staff and carers in the field.
* Responsible for reporting all staff changes to HR and Payroll departments, as appropriate e.g. starters, leavers, additional hours etc and maintaining quarterly staff succession plans.
* Deliver effective, professional and commercially focused briefings and supervision meetings with staff and ensure that information, reporting & communications flow up/down is effective.
* Develop key business relationships with all relevant customers/external parties to ensure service delivery excellence and maximise new business opportunities.
* Lead quality visits and use KPI to monitor quality/performance, set targets and lead action plans to ensure highly rated services in line with CQC compliance, ISO 9001 and company policies are maintained.Ensure that all safeguarding cases are managed in line with safeguarding protocols and are reported to senior Managers.
* Investigate and manage Complaints in a timely and professional manner in accordance with our policy and manage client and carer related incidents in accordance with CQC and internal reporting procedures
* Where appropriate to role, carry client group specialism activities, linking in with other managers to ensure focussed integration of specialisms across the whole organisation
* Promote, drive and grow brand new care packages. Monitor and ensure quality of care for client.Take the lead responsibility for allocated client documentation ensuring care plans and client files are kept accurate and up to date
* Complete new and update care needs and risk assessments for new clients to a high standard and conduct client reviews and case conferences as required, obtaining input from other relevant parties such as family members and other health professionals as necessary
* Attend meetings with other agencies involved with the client e.g. Care Managers/Age Concern/Community Psychiatric Nurse/clients’ families to review and recommend changes to the care packages as required
* Listen and work closely with clients, their advocates and NOK to ensure Company provides a high standard of care, liaising with the Case Manager, Head of Care, GPs and district nurses and other bodies as required. Work closely with a care coordinator to ensure best practice and delivery of quality care.
* To carry out assessments, reviews, appraisals and spot checks in line with all current legislation and Company policies, ensuring all relevant paperwork is completed accurately and on a timely basis
* Promote the highest standards of care and service – ensuring quality standards are maintained within all aspects of the business. Develop and manage relationships with clients, local authority, customers and their families
* Take accountability for compliance ensuring CQC regulations To deputise occasionally for the registered manager during any absence
* Be responsible for the recruitment and retention of office and field staff;To cover office staff roles in their absence.Deliver effective supervision and team meetings with staff and ensure that information, reporting and communication flows up/down are effective.
* Responsible for the personal development of staff, identifying high performers and feeding into the organisation’s succession plans.Carry a small caseload of customers, depending on the needs of the service.
* Develop key business relationships with all appropriate relevant customers/external parties to ensure service delivery excellence and maximise new business opportunities in own patch.
* Work with manager to set targets and monitor performance of the team.Participate in and monitor the initial and continuous assessment of needs and ensure that support planning is carried out in line with assessed needs of the customer.
* Directly accountable for ensuring that the accommodation our customers occupy is maintained to a high standard and customers are supported to maintain good personal hygiene, where appropriate.
* Plan and organise staffing and resources to ensure cost effectiveness and maximise positive outcomes for customers.Working with your team deliver creative and ambitious customer involvement plans across the patch and ensure successful implementation.
* Develop and maintain excellent internal relationships with all other Look Ahead departments and functions, ensuring sharing of best practice and supporting initiatives to improve organisational performance. Within your service, ensure competent use of all relevant business IT systems and all company policies and frameworks.
* Ensure that all safeguarding cases are managed in line with safeguarding protocols and are reported to Contract / Operations Managers, as appropriate. Ensure Health and Safety policies are adhered to at all times and to uphold all health and safety responsibilities within relevant policies and local protocols.Carry out other administrative tasks as relevant to the service.
* Carry out other management duties commensurate with the designated role level, as may be deemed reasonable by OneCare, including the management of other contracts within the designated area, if such a need arises.
* On Call - you would support the on-call rota in the absence of coordinator
* Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude and attention to detail. Ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure
* Administration Experience and Interpersonal Skills? Excellent Telephone Manner, team player, IT Literate. An outgoing vibrant personality.
* Full driving licence and access to your own vehicle (desirable).
* Minimum 1 years relevant management experience is desirable
* Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent CMI/NVQ Level 4 or other business/management qualification
Go to job list