ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT MAKING A POSITIVE AND LASTING DIFFERENCE TO CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE?
LCS are looking for committed and enthusiastic Support Workers to work full time with the opportunity to work additional hours through overtime. Flexibility in your availability is a must. You will be contracted to 35 hours per week plus 2 sleep ins.
Full Time/Permanent - minimum salary £22,258
Location – Eastbourne / Hastings
Our vision is to make a positive and lasting difference to young people who have been in care and are moving towards independence. We provide young people with accommodation/housing, as well as support them to move towards independent living and educational achievements.
As a Support Worker your role involves engaging, motivating and encouraging young people placed in their individual flat or shared house.
Young people supported by LCS are vulnerable and you are responsible for ensuring that the home in which you are working provides a safe, welcoming and healthy environment for the young person living there.
Due to recent COVID-19 developments please note that all interviews at this time will be arranged by Office Teams and all successful appointments will be managed pragmatically in line with business and individual needs
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
* Offer practical support and guidance to young people in line with their individual care plan to enable them to develop skills needed to live independently and to achieve in their education
* Maintain positive working relationships with young people, staff and professionals by communicating effectively at all times.
* Support a young person in Education, Employment and Training, who is working towards an accredited learning qualification, by evidencing work completed and submitting this to the relevant instructor.
* Maintain appropriate links in the community – e.g. educational provisions, sport centre, youth clubs.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE:
* Ideally have experience of supporting young people who may be vulnerable.
* Flexibility in their availability as the roles involve shift work – 2 sleep-in nights per week, evenings and weekends
* NVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care (Level 3 is desirable)
* Experience of working with attachment and trauma
* Experience of working with challenging behaviour and or mental health issues
* Have an understanding of the issues that face young people in care
* Be willing to travel so a full driving licence and access to a vehicle is preferred, although there are good public transport links in the area
* Computer experience to an intermediate level
WHAT WE OFFER:
* Full Induction program
* On-the-Job Accredited Training
* FREE accredited distance learning courses
* Opportunity to enrol on NVQ Health & Social care qualifications after a qualifying period
* Regular Supervisions
* Pension scheme
* 28 days’ Annual Leave/Bank Holidays
Go to job list