We are Allswell Care Services based in West Sutton, Surrey. We are a small family-run residential care home, supporting 5 adults with learning difficulty and other complex needs. The people we support live in a homely, family-friendly home where they are assisted and encouraged to participate fully in the local community.
We believe in the concept of providing care in a homely environment within a community setting. We place emphasis on promoting independent living and social skills. We believe that everyone should live as normal a life as they would like and we support our residents to do so using person centred care and planning
The Support Worker Role
We are looking for energetic and committed individuals with positive values, to support our residents with moderate to severe learning disabilities, including autism and challenging behaviour in the following ways:
* Encourage residents to make informed choices and have new experiences within an agreed plan of risk taking.
* Support residents’ participation in appropriate activities.
* Enable and assist residents to access a varied range of leisure activities and services in the local community.
* Participate and assist residents in cooking, shopping, cleaning, and other household tasks.
* Assist in the provision of the highest possible standards with regard to quality of life and a homely environment, including support for those who represent a challenge to the service.
* Participate in achieving the highest domestic standards with respect to cleaning, hygiene and provision of meals for well balanced diets that meet the cultural and dietary needs of all residents.
* Assist and support residents to have access to and receive health care, from statutory providers, i.e., GP’s, Dentist, Chiropodist, Ophthalmologists, Community Learning Disability teams, etc.
* Provide personal care for residents, as appropriate, which may involve washing, dressing, toileting, intimate personal care, administering medication, moving and handling (in accordance with health & safety guidelines).
* Act as a Key Worker for designated residents, as required.
* Maintain good working relationships with health care professionals and others.
If you would like to make a positive impact on the lives of those who require care and support, then please apply now!
If successful, we will pay for you to complete an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, prior to starting with us.
Successful candidates will be contacted within 3 working days.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Go to job list