Bank and permanent live in support workers required to assist service users within their own homes to lead fulfilling lives via the provision of support, assistance and personal care where required.
Contribute to an effective service in accordance with requirements, organisational policies, procedures and objectives.
KEY ROLES, TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Record and maintain accurate written records.
• Support the service user with any personal care tasks necessary, such as washing, bathing, dressing and using the toilet whilst ensuring the person's right to privacy, dignity and cleanliness are respected.
• Support with general daily living activities, e.g. meal preparation, and encourage service users to participate as much as they wish or are capable of doing.
• Support and enable the service user to maintain their physical, social and emotional well being.
• Ensure appropriate standards of general hygiene and cleanliness are maintained and achieve the highest domestic standard in respect of household tasks.
• Safeguard the well-being and standards of Health & Safety of the service user and report any concerns.
• Ensure that Health & Safety standards are met, including reporting any shortfalls.
• Help to provide and encourage service user participation in appropriate interests and activities as an individual or as part of a group. Encourage and welcome the involvement of the service user's relatives and friends.
• Undergo training as required, attend staff meetings/supervisions and appraisals.
• Respond to emergency situations.
• Make any urgent decision and take appropriate action which is in the service user's best interests.
• Maintain confidentiality in respect of a service user's affairs, records and activities.
• Equal opportunities differing needs will be met with utmost consideration for both service users and support workers.
• Adhere to Care for You (UK) Limited's policies and procedures.
• You may also be required to carry out such additional or alternative tasks as may from time to time be reasonably expected of you to meet operational requirements and business needs.
Salary: £450 per week, plus holiday pay and company pension. Training provided and paid for.
Please call 024 7645 6344 for more details or click APPLY NOW to send your CV.