FULL TIME SENIOR SUPPORT WORKER – Vancouver Road, Forest Hill - £9.91 p/h
* Various contracted hour shifts available (to suit your lifestyle)
* 20 days holiday + bank holidays
* Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme
* Full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
* Dedicated learning & development programmes.
* We offer Apprenticeships to those with less experience looking to join the Care Sector
* We provide FREE training to achieve qualification in Social Care.
* Access to a wide range of free online courses for all staff on a variety of topics
* DBS check paid by Caretech prior to starting with us.
* Refer a Friend Reward Scheme – earn up to £250 per referral!
* Stakeholder Pension
* Share Save Scheme
* Free Employee Assistance Programme
* Annual Employee Awards Evening
* Employee recognition schemes
* Carer progression within the company.
* CareTech Foundation – Opportunity to apply for family and friend’s grants.
We are providing individuals with practical and emotional care, enabling them to lead as ordinary life as they can achieve. To help them achieve this you will need to be flexible as you are required to work shifts including bank holidays, weekends and potential sleep ins.
If your best traits are positivity, friendliness and innovation then this job is for you!
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
To supervise and lead a team of support workers to enable our service users to lead as fulfilling and satisfying a life as they possibly can.
To act as a role model for staff, so that they are encouraged to understand the people you are support.
To be actively engaged with service users and staff, continuously seeking opportunities for improvements to service users’ lifestyles and staff’s skills and commitment to achieve this.
To participate in the day-to-day implementation of individual support plans and activities within a challenging environment.
To maintain effective communication and liaison with service users, families and other whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality.
To maintain accurate notes and records as and when required.
To work as part of a team to provide high quality care.
Vancouver is based in Forest Hill and is a residential home which provides care and support for upto 7 people with learning difficulties.
NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent is essential.
Experience in supporting adults with challenging behaviour, learning disabilities and/or mental health issues.
The ability to keep calm under pressure.
Confidence to work alone and as part of a team.
Excellent communication skills.
The passion to work with vulnerable Adults.
The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding.
CareTech Community Services Ltd is a provider of specialist social care services supporting 5000 adults with a wide range of needs in more than 300 services across the UK. Committed to the highest standards of care and governance, we provide innovative care pathways for people to live in community settings with learning disabilities, severe physical disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, challenging behaviour, mental health, forensic needs and acquired brain injury within a range of settings including, supported living services, shared housing, residential services and outreach. We encourage people to take control of their lives – this could be finding employment, having an active social life, learning new skills or building self-confidence.
CareTech Community Services are proud to inform you that they are a “Disability Confident Leader”.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment, the disclosure expense will be met by the employer.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact every applicant. We will be in touch 7-10 days after receipt of your CV if progressing your application to the next stage.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Go to job list