Fevaca are a family-run Social Care organisation based in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk. We are currently expanding our Community Services and are seeking Support Workers to provide support in the community. Our client base spans across Newmarket, Bury St Edmunds, Cambridge and Saffron Walden.
We are currently recruiting for a Community Support Worker who can provide support across our client base. The shift times and dates will vary between clients depending on their particular needs. The support will be given in the client's own homes and around the community.
We are a close-knit team, offering frequent supervision and a supportive environment. We offer an extensive training programme, which includes epilepsy, manual handling and other specialised
Part- time Contracted 20 hours per week with a view to full time. We are also considering staff to work bank contracts if more suitable.
The Support Worker will be responsible for providing a caring, person-centred service to our service users. We work with a range of individuals and provide to support with learning disabilities, epilepsy and other conditions.
The Support Worker will be expected to work with the personalised care plan for the service users whilst working towards individual objectives. The main focus of the role is to promote the service user’s progression, needs and wishes.
The role will include:
* Aspects of personal care
* Organising activities based on the service user’s preferences and interests
* Understand and implement all safeguarding related policies
* Ensure the service user has a voice in their care and is involved in the decision making
* Communicate effectively with parents, relatives and the general community when appropriate
* Complete and contribute to paperwork, including daily records, risk assessments and weekly reports
* Regular lone working
* Provide support during seizures (specialist training is provided)
What Fevaca can offer you
* An extensive in-house training programme including Safeguarding, DOLs and MCA, Attachment Theory and more
* Independent financial and pension advice
* Regular supervision in line with hours worked
* Future training opportunities including the Care Certificate
* Progression opportunities within the organisation
* Flexible working
* Full UK Driving Licence and access to a vehicle for business purposes
* Positive and non-judgemental value base
* Genuinely caring, with a want to provide fantastic support to clients
* Good communication and general people skills
* Positive, with a problem-solving approach to challenging situations
* Reliable, with good time keeping
* Interest in personal development, including attending training
* Good written skills and fluent English
* Confident with lone working
* Previous experience within a care role, ideally within a vulnerable adults setting
* Experience with manual handling objects and people, ideally with previous training
* Experience lone working with vulnerable adults
* Experience working with CQC regulations
* Experience writing reports, risk assessments and other documents
* Relevant qualification, for example Care Certificate, Level 3 Health and Social Care
Go to job list