Join us now to be eligible for a £500 Welcome Bonus subject to terms and conditions.
The Organisation: CareTech Community Services is a national provider of support for people with complex and challenging behaviours associated with autism, learning disabilities, mental health illness and neurological conditions. We support people to live as independently as possible within their own homes and also in residential care. In this year’s CQC inspection we were rated as Outstanding.
The Role: We are looking for experienced Support Workers to join one of our Services in Leigh. This is a 14 bed apartment project, conveniently situated within close proximity to Leigh and local areas. There is also an outreach service attached to this project which is home to a gentleman with learning disabilities and complex challenging behaviour. This service is easily commutable from surrounding areas via easy transport links. This will be quite an intensive service, supporting several individuals requiring various levels of support. These individuals have mental health issues, autism and physical disabilities. We are providing individuals with practical and emotional care, enabling them to have fulfilled lives, gain further independence and achieve positive outcomes. You will need to be flexible as you are required to work shifts including bank holidays and weekends.
Responsibilities of a Support Worker:
• To participate in the day-to-day implementation of individual support plans and activities within a challenging environment
• To maintain effective communication and liaison with service users, families and other whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality
• To support service users with the preparation of meals, laundry duties, cleaning and social events
• To maintain accurate notes and records as and when required
• To work as part of a team to provide high quality care
The successful candidate for the role will have:
• NVQ in Health and Social Care or be willing to work towards
• Experience in supporting adults with challenging behaviour, learning disabilities and/or mental health issues.
• The ability to keep calm under pressure
• Confidence to work alone and as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills
• The passion to work with vulnerable Adults
• The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding
* CareTech Community Services established in 1993 has 250 services with continuous growth with new developments/services.
* CareTech Community Services is a national provider of support for people with complex and challenging behaviors associated with autism, learning disabilities, mental health illness and neurological conditions. We support people to live as independently as possible within their own homes and also in residential care.
* We are committed to providing the highest levels of care to our residents and are Disability Confident.
* To enable us to do this we need caring and dedicated professionals to deliver first class care.
* All applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and all employees are checked against the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with the Equality Act
Due to the nature of the position, successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment, the disclosure expense will be met by the employer.
Unfortunately due to the large volume of applications we receive we are unable to contact all candidates. If you have not heard from us within the next 14 days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Please do not hesitate to apply for other suitable roles in the future
Go to job list