Summary of Post:
The Care Assistant is responsible for providing care to service users who require care and resources in their homes.
You must have a full UK driving licence and your own transport.
* The Care Assistant provides care and resources to the service user, so that they may continue to live in their homes and community. Home Care may include transportation, house cleaning, personal hygiene, providing meals, and other health and wellness related activities.
* The Care Assistant will ensure all Home Care is provided in a caring and respectful way keeping with all relevant policies and procedures of Roses Homecare.
* Failure to provide adequate services may put the service user and others at risk or force service users to move from their homes before they are prepared to do so.
* Provide Home Care to service users and others in the community with identified needs.
* Provide Home Care including general housekeeping, personal hygiene and meals.
* Transport service users to appointments and activities.
* Follow medical instructions carefully and consistently.
* Organize time and resources based on individual needs of service users.
* Manage any unanticipated events or unstable situations.
* Identify persons requiring home care and client needs.
* Ensure care is provided according to all relevant policies and procedures.
* Discuss any concerns with supervisor.
Physical and Emotional Demands:
* The Care Assistant is required to safely lift and move clients, and may be required to bathe or clean clients. The worker may be required to administer interventions and treatments that cause discomfort to the client or to themselves. The worker will work in the service users home and must practice clean, safe care to eliminate the possibility of infection or cross contaminate between clients, family members or themselves.
* Care Assistants are faced with stress from dealing with clients and family members who may be stressed and difficult to work with. Stress is caused by the fact that the worker must work independently in unfamiliar and uncontrolled situations. There is significant emotional stress in providing care for clients who are dying and providing support for families.
* Care Assistants work in the homes of service users, which will vary in terms of cleanliness, warmth, physical structure and material standards.
* Care Assistants may be required to undertake other tasks specified by their manager relevant to the role and to the needs of the service users.
* Care Assistant must not use equipment that is unsafe. Any unsafe equipment to be reported to the line manager immediately.
Skills and Attributes:
* Excellent communications skills
* Ability to cope under pressure
* Team building skills
* Time management skills
* Decision making skills
* Conflict resolution skills
* Good planning skills
* Respect cultural differences
* Demonstrate sound work ethics
This role provides flexible working hours
Go to job list