We are looking for both full time and part time candidates to join our amazing team of Community Carers and Support Workers helping people living in their own homes.
New Forest Homecare Ltd covers: New Milton, Barton on Sea, Milford on Sea, Sway, Hordle, Lymington and surrounding areas.
Community Carer: Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver care and support to service users with a range of illnesses and disabilities.
- Assist service users with getting up in the morning and preparing for bed at night
- Assist service users with daily tasks i.e., washing, dressing, oral care, continence care & shopping.
- Assist service users with all aspects of mobility with the use of care aids and personal equipment.
- Help with end of life care
- Help in the promotion of positive physical & mental well being
- Assist in all aspects of housekeeping
- Assisting service users with meal times i.e., preparation, eating, drinking
- Ensure that the log book records are fully up to date
- Take part in staff and service users' meetings and in training activities as directed.
- Ensure all home visits are for the time allowed.
- Perform such other duties as may reasonably be required.
- Participate in induction and foundation training as directed by managers or supervisors.
- Understand and agree to regular spot checks and working observations to monitor standards and practice.
What We Want from You:
We have clients with varying capabilities and support needs, although experience is preferred, it is not essential as we provide a full Induction, fully training our staff, with both on going internal and external training.
Applications welcomed from kind, enthusiastic individuals who are dedicated in providing support to vulnerable adults.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Applicants must have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle, with business insurance.
- Must be self motivated
- Must have excellent organisational skills
- Must be fully flexible in your approach
- Must be caring and compassionate on a personal and professional level
- Must be sensitive to the needs of others
- Must be an active team player but also able to work on own initiative
- Must have a high level of communication skills.
- Must be willing to travel as and when required
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience within a care setting
- Holiday on your birthday every year or closest working day
- Bank Holidays £17.00 & Christmas/New Year £22.50 pay
- Employee of the month and Employee of the Year Scheme
- Free uniforms
- Great working Environment
- Paid Travel Time & Mileage
- Guaranteed Hours
- Refer a friend scheme £250
- 27 days holiday pro rata
- Paid DBS Checks
- After 5 complete years of service candidates receive an additional 5 days annual leave each year
Company Values - NEW FOREST Needs:
New Forest Homecare Ltd is a family led company, established since 2004, and offers exciting opportunities within the company. Our staff are dedicated in providing a high standard of quality care that is specifically tailored to each of our individual clients. We support various client groups including, the elderly, learning disabilities and physical disabilities. Throughout the pandemic we have gone above and beyond to support our staff, ensuring that they have PPE and additional support during these times. The past year has demonstrated what a difference this kind of role makes and we are looking for suitable candidates to join our strong and caring team.