Social Personnel are recruiting for Family Support Workers that's based in London for a Local Authority. It is a full time ongoing CONTRACT role and pay is negotiable.
1. To hold a caseload, undertake assessments, SMART planning and reviews, provide and co-ordinate intensive and structured support and intervention to families; to promote children’s welfare and help parents to achieve better outcomes for their children, within their homes and communities. 2.
2. To work in partnership with families and develop effective working relationships with key partner agencies ( e.g. DV support, police, housing, health, adult and children’s social care, schools).
3. Through direct work with service users and an assessment process identify risk and needs and develop outcome focussed SMART plans.
4. To ensure practice is compliant with policy and procedure and in particular any risks to children which are identified and acted on accordingly to ensure that children and young people are safeguarded at all times.
5. To lead on organising Team Around the Family meetings and be responsible for supporting/co-coordinating multi agency meetings as required; using whole family working approaches.
6. To set up and run parent support networks, workshops and lead parenting groups and programmes; and participate in other groups/programmes as required.
7. To maintain appropriately detailed, accurate, timely and up to date records, both written and electronic, for all work carried out, in accordance with Council and departmental policies and procedures; and provide written reports of work undertaken as required
1. A level 3 in childcare qualification in keeping with the specific service area, or equivalent in experience.
2. A proven track record of achieving good outcomes for children, young people and their families in a family support or youth engagement role.
3. Experience of completing timely, assessments, compiling plans and executing these in order to address the needs of children and young people.
4. Understanding of current legislation and policy regarding safeguarding for children and families, and the legislative and national policy context for early help for children and families.
5. Experience of dealing with safeguarding issues commensurate to role and responsibility.
6. Experience of direct work with children and families including group work and an ability to use a range of tools and resources to support this work.
7. Experience of working in a multi-agency context and an ability to advocate on behalf of families and brokering support from partner agencies.
8. Good IT skills including an ability to use a range of packages appropriate and commensurate to the role.
9. Demonstrate skills that promote the role of children, young people and parents in the planning and formation of services to meet their needs.
Benefits of working with Social Personnel:
* As a Top Tier agency across many local authorities nationwide, Social Personnel have access to jobs earlier than other agencies, giving you the best chance at securing the role.
* A way to give back to charitable organisations/disadvantaged young people, through our partnership with Youth at Risk, now known as GRIT
* Simplistic payroll process, taking away the hassle from you - just enjoy your hard earned money each week
* Training and development opportunities which meet the needs of your career and are tailored to you
* A market leading £600 referral bonus, paid across 3 months, for every successful placement we make from someone you refer to us
* Your own highly experienced recruitment consultant and dedicated aftercare team
* Boat Parties, prize giveaways and much, much more
Go to job list