Our Client is looking for staff that are dynamic, innovative and compassionate to enable the people living here to have fulfilling lives.
Experience of working within health and social care isn't required as they are looking for new ideas and new energy to drive the service we provide forward. If you have experience but feel you are not being encouraged to try new things we'd like to hear from you too!
Full training, mentoring, coaching and induction is provided by an experienced and driven senior team that are committed to person centred approaches to everyone at the service (staff and people living here).
Our Client is a purpose-built centre that provides accommodation and support to adults who have autism and learning disabilities. They support people in a person-centred way ensuring that they are at the heart of everything that we do.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about quality and delivering the best possible services to people.
As a Support Worker, you will be providing personalised care to young adults, acting as their advocate and ensuring that we meet the high standards we believe in. You will supporting people to carry out activities that they enjoy as well as trying new things to expand their horizons. This could be shopping, cooking, art, walking, fishing, cinema, gym, swimming, socialising, gardening, sports… the list is endless.
Main duties will include:
-Facilitate the daily routine of the person by supporting them to obtain a high standard of personal hygiene at all times.
* Implement individual support plans and risk management plans to meet the needs and aspirations of the person
* Accompany people on activities and/or social outings and actively participate as required.
-Previous experience of working within a health and social care environment is not essential as full training and induction is provided, if you do have experience we'd like to talk to you too.
-Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
-Good IT skills
-Ability to prioritise own workload
-Patience and resilience
* Day shifts: 7:30am - 3pm and 2:45pm - 10:15pm (Based on a four-weekly rota with every other weekend off).
* A competitive rate of £9.19 per hour with a £1 increment over weekends and bank holidays
* 33 days annual leave including bank holidays
* Excellent training and support
* Perkbox, an online discount scheme
* Discounted gym membership
* Group life assurance
* Long service and staff awards
Go to job list