JOB DESCRIPTION: Waking Night Support Worker
We are opening a new service in Ditchingham, we have exciting opportunities available for you to join our fun and dynamic team.
To work as a member of our Multidisciplinary Care Team in maintaining and delivering a high standard of holistic resident care 24 hours a day. They will implement and effectively assist in the day to day running of all prescribed resident care packages and assist in meeting all basic care needs.
Hours of work
We are looking for Waking Night Support Workers
* Responsible for maintaining a safe environment in accordance with all Health and Safety, Infection Control, COSHH and other Government Legislation.
* Assist qualified staff in care delivery as directed.
* Monitoring and ensuring appropriate use of all stocks and supplies.
* Ensuring the fabric, general cleanliness and integrity of the building, fixtures and fittings is maintained to a high standard.
* Ensure you are fully aware and operate within all policies and procedures, regularly updating knowledge of any changes.
* Responsible for the security of all keys, alarms and communication equipment and that these are carried at the directed times.
* Assist in the maintenance of unit cleaning on a daily basis where required and act in covering the unit support services staff (cleaners) when absent from unit.
* Carry out responsibilities with due regard to the units equal opportunities and diversity policy.
* Ensure that all duties are carried out to the highest possible standard and in accordance with current quality initiatives within this area of work.
* To act at all times in a professional manner, as an ambassador of excellence for The Oakleaf Group.
* Work with the Multidisciplinary team in maintaining the CQC Inspections and the National Service frameworks minimum standards.
* To be aware of the responsibility of all employees to maintain a safe and healthy environment for all residents, visitors and staff.
* To maintain flexibility in working in order to deliver all residents’ care packages and in meeting their needs.
* Keep accurate and up-to-date residents information, recordings and general records.
* Maintain all unit specific logs and records.
* Assist in the assessment and care planning for residents.
* Maintain own personal information and records.
* Record untoward accidents, incidents and events for residents, colleagues and self.
* Be up to date and aware of all residents Care plans, Care needs and Risk assessments.
* Maintain an up to date knowledge of all company policy and procedures.
* Communicate effectively with the multidisciplinary team.
* Assist in daily handovers of information.
* Assist in discussions and meetings in relation to residents and the team.
* Communicate to families, relatives and other professionals as directed.
* Responsible for reporting any perceived concerns relating to residents’ physical or mental health to qualified staff.
* Maintain resident confidentiality/data protection in line with unit and policy.
* To take direction from senior community support workers with qualified professionals.
* Attend regular scheduled team meetings.
* Report/action any maintenance repairs and/or risks.
* Act on and report any cleaning issues or poor standards.
To work within guidelines of all care plans and risk assessments. Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of resident’s information. Read relevant reports and communication aids. To assist in delivering personal care to residents whilst respecting privacy, dignity and personal boundaries. To assist medical staff in consultation as directed. To promote residents choice and equality. To be fully aware of all emergency procedures. To assist qualified staff where required in administration of medication, along with medical procedures. To monitor, record and assist in residents’ daily intake of food and fluid.
To share any relevant knowledge with others, both informally and formally with the support of senior staff. To monitor and develop your own educational needs and to ensure you are able to meet the requirements of your job role. Be prepared to undertake training to the benefit of delivery of care at Oakleaf. Assist new staff in the handover of knowledge. Attend and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of all mandatory training and other unit in-house training as prescribed. Flexibility in hours to ensure all training requirements are met.
This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and duties but reflects accurately the position of Rehab Support Worker
Go to job list