FEMALE FULL TIME SUPPORT WORKER - Guildford - £9.50 p/h
About the Role
We are looking for Female Full Time Support Workers to join our friendly Guildford Supported Living team based in Surrey.
Surrey Supported Living has 6 sites in and around the Guildford and Woking area; two in Guildford, one on the Guilford & Woking border and three in Woking. All services are on the main bus routes and all have parking.
Surrey Supported Living provides care and support for up to 25 people with Learning difficulties and Mental Health. All require support with: managing money, shopping, cooking, cleaning, medical appointments etc, managing correspondence, exploring leisure and work activities and accessing the community etc.
We are providing individuals with practical and emotional care, enabling them to leadas ordinary life as they can achieve.
You will need to be flexible as you are required to work shifts including bank holidays, weekends and potentially sleep ins.
If your best traits are positivity, friendliness and innovation then this job is for you!
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* To participate in the day-to-day implementation of individual support plans and activities within a challenging environment
* To maintain effective communication and liaison with service users, families and other whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality
* To support service users with the preparation of meals, laundry duties, cleaning and social events
* To maintain accurate notes and records as and when required
* To work as part of a team to provide high quality care
The Successful Candidate for the role will have
* NVQ in Health and Social Care or be willing to work towards one.
* Experience in supporting adults with challenging behaviour, learning disabilities and/or mental health issues.
* The ability to keep calm under pressure.
* Confidence to work alone and as part of a team. Excellent communication skills.
* The passion to work with vulnerable Adults.
* The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding.
We offer Permanent contracts
We provide afull induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
We provide FREE training to achieve qualification in Social Care
Career progression path within the company
Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme
Various shift patterns available to suit your lifestyle
DBS check paid by Caretech prior to starting with us
Caretech Community Services established in 1993 has 250 services with continuous growth with new developments/services.
CareTech Community Services is a national provider of support for people with complex and challenging behaviours associated with autism, learning disabilities, mental health illness and neurological conditions. We support people to live asindependently as possible within their own homes and also in residential care.
We are committed to providing the highest levels of care to our residents
To enable usto do this we need caring and dedicated professionals to deliver first class care.
All applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and all employees are checked against the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010
CareTech Community Services are proud to advise that theyare a Disability Confident Leader
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Go to job list