Major Healthcare is a specialist recruitment consultancy, providing quality permanent, contract and temporary staffing solutions to clients from our wide network of UK offices.
We are currently looking to recruit passionate and enthusiastic Senior Residential Support Workers in Kirkby.
You would be playing a pivotal role in providing excellent support and care for young people with emotional behavioural disorders. Our client provides residential placements and respite to meet the individual needs of children and young people with complex and additional needs.
Key Responsibilities but not restricted too:
* Support the Registered Manager and the team in giving the highest standard of care possible to all the children/young people.
* Act as a member of the team and assist the management team in giving the highest standard of care possible to all the children, closely following individual plans, risk assessments and programmes in place.
* Understand the importance of the need for confidentiality at all times.
* Assist in creating a safe, clean and secure environment for all children, relatives and colleagues, working with the team to cover their duties when on leave or off sick.
* Develop skills in order that the child/young people’s individual health/social and emotional development needs are met.
* Provide support, advice and information to the children/young people, parents and other carers as required.
* Ability to complete care plans, risk management and strategy plans.
* Experience of report writing.
* Administration of medication and storing medication.
* Transport and/or escort the children/young people as required.
* Display a positive approach in the way you work at all times and be an ambassador for the company.
* Adhere to the activity programme to ensure the children/young people receive a variety of daily stimulation and development suitable to their needs.
* Adhere to each child/young person’s aims and objectives to ensure individual development.
* Keep open lines of communication; participate in supervisions and appraisal giving honest open feedback to line manager.
* Undertake any other duties reasonably requested by Management.
* NVQ Level 3 in Children & Young People's Workforce
* MUST have experience working with children and young people within care
* Driving Licence and access to own vehicle.
* Knowledge of the Children's Home Regulations and all paperwork relating to these regulations.
The salary for this exciting new role is £20,000 - £24,000 depending on experience. This will include sleep-ins and you will be on a 2 on 4 off shift pattern.
Please call Leanne Irving on the below number or apply online for more information about this exciting new role
Go to job list