Soar Recruitment is recruiting for a beautiful care home based in Petworth, West Sussex. This care home provide 4 types of care; Assisted Living, Dementia Care, Residential Care and Respite Care. The home is located in the countryside offering fantastic views, exceptional service and lovely rooms for their residents.
As a Senior Carer, you will:
* To provide leadership to the care staff within the care home
* To provide care in accordance with the best practices, according to policy and under the direction of the manager
* To act as a role model for other care staff in respect of day to day activities with particular emphasis on attaining National Vocational Qualification in Health and Social Care.
* To build up good relationships with residents under his/her direct care and to provide them with daily care to help them maintain and improve, where possible, their independence, individuality and mobility.
* Dispense medication, and ensure correct recording of all relevant information relating to medication (after satisfactory completion of the Safe Handling of Medicines course).
* Complete, observe & review care planning needs for residents, and complete written daily records as instructed and in line with the Company’s policies and procedures.
* To maintain accurate and legible records of care provided. Complete other assessment documentation.
* To assist residents to carry out their activities of daily living e.g. washing, dressing, eating and bathing.
* To carry out all duties in a safe manner having regard to the Health and Safety of self, colleagues, residents and visitors to the Home.
* NVQ3 in Health and Social Care or a commitment to undertaking this
* Completed all mandatory training
* Good communication skills (verbal and written)
* Enjoy being active and supporting people in a residential elderly care setting
* An understanding of dementia
* Enjoy working creatively with clients
* Be able to work flexible hours including some weekends
* Ability to work alone and as part of a team
Hours: 36 hours
Shifts: 8am-2pm / 2pm - 8pm / 8am-8pm
Go to job list