We at The Huntercombe Group are looking for a Support Worker / Healthcare Assistant
* To assist nursing staff in providing high quality individualised care to a clearly defined group of patients / residents, relatives and carers.
* To work and act as a key member of the team, supporting each patient / resident in achievement of their planned outcomes.
With regular supervision and support from nursing staff
* To assist the nursing team with the assessment of individual patient / resident needs, planning, delivery and evaluation of care for a number of individuals or groups of patients / residents, including following the clinical risk assessment plan.
* To exercise a reasonable and agreed degree of professional autonomy and make judgements and decisions in order to satisfy the expectations and demands of the job.
* To undertake clinical work related tasks as delegated by senior nursing staff, following appropriate training and assessment of competency.
* To undertake clinical supervision to further develop competence and clinical practice.
* To liaise effectively with all stakeholders in the care process, including carers and relatives, aspiring to provide an effective, seamless and integrated service to patients / residents.
* To maintain accurate, legible records of care provided, based upon the care plan incorporating all relevant communication and liaison.
* To maintain and update relevant knowledge and skills, maintain a professional portfolio and participate in further training as appropriate, in order to enhance quality of care for patients / residents and carers.
* To comply with the Huntercombe Group Health and Safety Policies and Protocols in order to contribute to safe working practices.
* To protect vulnerable adults / children from internal/external elements and act as a Patient / resident Advocate.
Communication and Relationship Skills
* Communicates with clarity in confidence in a variety of situations, relays information accurately to staff
* Is actively involved in meeting own and team objectives through encouraging and supporting others.
* Participates in discussions and debates and staff meetings offering views.
* Participate in the process of positively supporting and inspiring colleagues within the service to improve standards and quality and to develop professional practice.
* Communicate all relevant issues pertaining to care.
* If Statutory/Professional Registration is a requirement of this role it must be maintained at all times.
* Responsibility to maintain continuous professional development in order to meet requirements of professional registration.
* To work within the boundaries of your relevant Professional Code of Conduct.
* Adherence to national guidance and best practice evidence on Infection Control.
* Compliance with the Huntercombe Group clinical polices and those adopted.
* Participation in the Huntercombe Group clinical governance work programmes.
Please take a look at our progressive and rewarding benefits package
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• Maternity leave at 3 month’s full pay and 3 month’s half pay, (up to a max salary of £50k)
• 2 week’s paid paternity leave
• Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
• A thorough Induction Programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
• Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
• The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
• Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
• A range of staff discounts
• Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of ethnic origin, gender, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability or social background. This is a great opportunity for someone to make a difference.
For a more detailed job spec please take a look at our Website where you can also read some inspiring stories and find out why working at Huntercombe really sets us apart from the rest
Go to job list