Join us now to be eligible for a £500 Welcome Bonus subject to terms and conditions.
The Organisation: CareTech Community Services is a national provider of support for people with complex and challenging behaviours associated with autism, learning disabilities, mental health illness and neurological conditions. We support people to live as independently as possible within their own homes and also in residential care.
The Role: We are looking for a Deputy Service Manager to support our current Service Manager in maintaining our Supported Living Sites across Tameside & surrounding areas. We support Adults with a range of varying needs and look to support rehabilitation with mental health and other ASD’s, providing individuals with practical and emotional care, enabling them to have fulfilled lives and gain further independence. We are looking for a highly skilled and organised individual to join an established team. You must be a driver.
If successful, you will be responsible for Deputising for the manager, and be the responsible manager in their absence carrying out all the duties that their position entails. It is therefore paramount that you are able to maintain effective communication and liaise with staff, service users, families and other whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality. You will be participating in the delivery of the service which takes into account all of the day to day operational requirements, and also quality measurements and monitoring. You will also be responsible for ensuring that staff members are equipped with the necessary skills, through training, experience and supervision.
Other responsibilities may include –
* To be responsible for the implementation, monitoring and reviews of the practices and systems in the home, to ensure that they meet and exceed the requirements of the service.
* To be responsible and participate in the day-to-day implementation of individual support plans and activities within a challenging environment & deliver a high level of quality support to Service Users
* To promote positive and personalised outcomes of Service Users & to work as part of a team to provide high quality care
* To recruit, manage, retain and train staff both individually and as team members
The successful candidate for the role will have:
* Previous experience of working with people who have Learning Disability/Mental Health and/or Physical Disabilities, and at least 3-5 years senior/managerial experience in the sector
* Relevant professional qualification (NVQ Level 3 or equivalent essential, Level 5 desirable)
* Experience of managing budgets and budget control
* An understanding of and commitment to providing Equal Opportunities
* Knowledge and first-hand experience of current Health & social Care legislation, including the Mental Health Act.
* Demonstrable evidence of supporting people in a person centred way.
* A high level of literacy, numeracy and administrative skills together with well-developed communication skills both verbal and written as well the ability to communicate effectively across multi-disciplinary teams, both internally and externally
* Have sound knowledge and understanding of the CQC Compliance standards and the desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding.
Due to the nature of the position, successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment, the disclosure expense will be met by the employer.
Unfortunately due to the large volume of applications we receive we are unable to contact all candidates. If you have not heard from us within the next 14 days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Please do not hesitate to apply for other suitable roles in the future
Go to job list