Peripatetic Manager – Field Based, preferably in North London/Essex, but covering the Herts, London, Essex, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and occasionally Kent - £35,000p/a plus car
This role will be responsible for ensuring that services that have been identified as ‘at risk’ are brought up to standard as quickly as possible. This will be a combination of trouble shooter and advisor; you may be the manager in services where there is no manager, you may be required to support a new manager or oversee an existing manager in a supportive and/or performance management role.
This is a pivotal role to support Operational colleagues where there are managerial shortfalls- either in quantity or quality. The focus of this role is identifying ‘what’ needs fixing and ‘how’ things get fixed once problems have been identified and leading the actions necessary to fix them.
Main duties & Responsibilities include:
* To act as a peripatetic manager in services that require support. Overall management of services in need and coordination with Service Improvement Managers to improve the service and or meet regulatory/ Contract/ Compliance requirements.
* To work with homes and services to ensure best practice, compliance and exemplary work by implementing and managing high standard quality assurance practices.
* Work closely with the Head of Quality in identifying solutions to at risk services
* To work with the Operational Managers in developing and implementing service improvement plans for specific services identified as at risk.
* To lead on the implementation of those plans and provide ongoing support to ensure compliance and improvement against agreed targets.
* Ensure improvement plans and actions are clearly understood in the service.
* Ensure that all service staff are engaged in improving the service.
* Set up systems for achieving the plan, monitoring progress and ensuring timescales are achieved.
* To be a mentor and a coach in skilling up the incumbent staff team so that improvement is sustainable.
* Identify and coordinate the necessary resources needed.
* To rebuild relationships with external stakeholders and integrate the management staff team in that process.
* To provide the Head of Quality with regular service/region reports on progress with improving standards and compliance.
* To monitor the processes and procedures which ensure the safety and welfare of children and vulnerable adults served by the Company and to monitor practice throughout identified services, and to urgently advise the Head of Quality and Operations Directors of any emergency child or vulnerable adult protection issues.
* To carry out investigations, as required by the Head of Quality and/or Operations Directors, and to work in partnership with internal and external stakeholders to develop, implement and monitor remedial action plans.
* To promote the corporate quality assurance agenda.
* Comply with all Regulations regarding statutory visits and reports ensuring compliance and communication of all issues to Operations Directors and the Head of Quality.
The successful candidate must have:
* A relevant Management qualification, previous experience at a management level and experienced in leading teams for which they have no direct line management.
* LD/Social Care Managerial background.
* A thorough understanding of the regulatory environment.
* Experience in emergency management, stabilizing services in crisis and turnaround project management.
* Ability to stay away from home for up to 5 days per week for periods of time in different locations when required by the needs of the business.
CareTech Community Services established in 1993 has 250 services with continuous growth with new developments/services. CareTech Community Services is a national provider of support for people with complex and challenging behaviours associated with autism, learning disabilities, mental health illness and neurological conditions. We support people to live as independently as possible within their own homes and also in residential care.
We are committed to providing the highest levels of care to our residents. To enable us to do this we need caring and dedicated professionals to deliver first class care.
All applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and all employees are checked against the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
CareTech Community Services are proud to announce that they are a Disability Confident Leader.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Go to job list