Workplace Options have an exciting opportunity for an Arabic Speaking Clinical Counsellor to join our counselling team in the UK. Our counselling department provides counselling services on a global scale including telephonic support, structured telephonic counselling and applicable resource referral. Our UK office is based in Ealing, London but we would consider candidates who are not within commuting distance from Ealing and would prefer home working.
The position would involve giving psychological support to our clients in the Middle East and Gulf States via telephone and video. A fluency in Literary Arabic/Modern Standard Arabic is therefore a requirement.
Drawing from an international network of credentialed providers and professionals, Workplace Options is the world’s largest integrated employee support and work-life services provider. Service centres in the U.S., Canada, U.K., Ireland, Portugal, France, Belgium, UAE, Singapore, Japan, China, India and Indonesia support more than 65 million employees across 100,000 organisations and more than 200 countries and territories. We provide world-class employee support and work-life services, referrals and consultation on a variety of issues ranging from dependent care, legal and financial issues, stress management, EAP counselling, and wellness.
* Provide telephonic counselling, in-the-moment support and crisis telephonic management in a supportive, ethical and professional manner while maintaining client-confidentiality.
* Adhere to the ethical, therapeutic and legal standards, which govern service delivery, as well as policies, procedures and laws, which apply to the organization and country, as appropriate.
* Maintain clear clinical and task-oriented documentation in case management system.
* Possess genuine listening skills and can provide short-term clinical interventions such as CBT, Motivational Interviewing and solution-focused techniques.
* Ability to work with clients presenting with substance abuse, situations of crisis, mental health symptoms and/or family/relationship-related concerns impacting personal or work performance.
* Develop clear and concise treatment plans for clients with various session models.
* Assess clients thoroughly to ensure short-term counselling appropriate.
* Follow-through with additional tasks as identified by the clinical management team.
* Culturally sensitive to our clients and flexible using a telephonic interpreter as needed.
* Competent in using our various methods of contact – telephone, video, email, text and live chat.
* Applicants must hold at least a Diploma in Counselling.
* Fluent in English and Arabic (Literary Arabic/Modern Standard Arabic).
* Be accredited or working towards accreditation.
* Experience in solution focused counselling.
* Excellent IT and administration skills.
* Experience of working within a service centre environment would be advantageous.
* Experience working for an organisation with listening/counselling/support services would also be an advantage
Go to job list