Starting Salary/Rate from £45,000/annum to £60,000
Location - Stoke on Trent
Salary: up to £45,000 (depending on experience)
Goodall Brazier are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic Clinical or Forensic psychologist, with a range of specialized skills in the assessment, treatment and management of mentally disordered offenders. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will be actively involved in providing assessments, individual and group based interventions and giving psychological advice. You will supervise a full time Assistant Psychologist as well as having opportunities to supervise students on placement.
Hospital is a medium facility, offering active and long term low secure and specialist locked rehabilitation services for men and women aged 18 and above in a mental health setting. Tailored care and treatment programmes are provided for those with; mental health disorders, intellectual disability, personality disorder, Autistic Spectrum Conditions and Post Traumatic Stress disorders and some patients may have a forensic history or behaviours that challenge. The hospital has gained a strong reputation for providing excellent care to service users who are supported through their recovery pathway by our multidisciplinary team.
Personalised treatment programmes and rehabilitation, with a recovery orientated model at the heart, are offered alongside the use of a range of therapies to meet all service user needs in a safe and structured environment. Our aim is to maximise the individual's quality of life, promote independence and provide a range of opportunities, empowering service users to develop confidence and skills to return to the community.
* The successful candidate will have experience of providing specialist assessments and interventions (individual and group based for example using CBT, DBT or ACT)
* Experience of structured professional risk assessment, including the HCR-20v3
* Experience providing psychological based training for staff, supervision and carrying out research projects
* Experience of working with patients who have sexually offended is desirable.
* Candidates must be HCPC and BPS registered.
* A car driver with a full UK licence would be essential due to the location.
My client is interviewing for this role ASAP, please call(phone number removed)