Major Healthcare is a specialist recruitment consultancy, providing quality permanent, contract and temporary staffing solutions to clients from our wide network of UK offices.
We are currently looking to recruit a Band 7 enthusiastic, self-motivated and experienced Occupational Therapist to join our multidisciplinary team based in Oxfordshire. You will be working with young adults whom have a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder ASD. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic practitioner experienced in paediatrics to join and lead the OT service working within the school day and extended curriculum.
Key Responsibilities but not restricted too:
* Ensure that all aspects of practice comply with Best Practice and policy for Safeguarding
* Leading a small team of OT professionals
* Review OT policy for assessing and meeting needs of young adults
* Maintain a register of OT interventions
* Implement OT policy for assessing and meeting needs of young adults
* Contributing to the maintenance of our Autism Accreditation award
* Conduct assessments as part of admissions process
* Liaise with external OT services prior to admission
* Contribute to planning the development of OT
* Provide individual OT support as indicated by EHCP or pre-admission assessment and on-going Annual Reviews.
* Support staff with the implementation of OT interventions
* Contribute to weekly Behaviour analysis meetings
* Contribute to weekly therapy support meetings
* Attend on-going professional supervision
* Maintain CPD in line with professional guidelines
* Manage budget allowance
* Purchase resources which best suit the needs of the young adults
* Degree or a post-graduate diploma in Occupational Therapy
* HCPC registered
* Excellent communication skills, empathy, team player
Salary for this role is up £44,503 depending on experience plus additional benefits which includes 13 weeks annual leave.
For more information about this exciting new role please call Leanne on (phone number removed) for more information about this exciting new role