Due to the current pandemic, please be assured any unnecessary travelling is not required.
Interviews can be arranged online and some clients are able to complete training and induction online.
Degree-Six Recruitment are currently recruiting for experienced and qualified Senior Residential Support Workers for a children’s residential home setting within the Derbyshire area.
Our client is very well established across the UK and is currently one of the largest residential childcare providers.
They provide therapeutic care to young people aged between 10 to 18 with EBD and challenging behaviour.
They are a provider of caring for children within residential care with complex needs and requirements.
We are currently looking for someone who genuinely enjoys the rewards and challenges of working with looked after children and young people, who have a background of trauma, abuse and neglect.
As a Residential Support Worker, you will be required to provide support and care directly to the children and young people within your care. Your daily tasks will entail the following;
* Organising and accompanying the young people on social activities and appointments
* Helping the young people to overcome difficulties or disadvantages holding them back from fulfilling their potential
* Recording the young person’s activity & reporting key aspects of their care
* Promoting the young person’s independence and developing their life skills
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
* You must be at least 23 years of age
* 2 Years residential experience working with young people
* Full driving license with access to own transport
* Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young People / Residential Childcare (or equivalent)
* Must be willing to work towards level 5 in Leadership and Management
* Flexible to work on shift and sleeps in shifts
* Have a clear understanding and knowledge of the development of the children and young people’s needs
BENEFITS- WHAT WILL YOU GET IN RETURN?
* Market leading rates of pay with additional over time & sleep-in enhancements
* Opportunity to complete the Level 5 Management Diploma and progress as Registered Manager
* Minimum 2% pension contributions
* Extensive in-house training
* Flexible working hours
* 28 days holiday per year
If this role sounds like the right role for you or if you simply would like to find out more information, then please contact Nazma at Degree-Six Recruitment.
Please note, all applicants are subject to undergo enhanced DBS and reference checks