Sensus Associates have an opportunity to work within an out of hours Mental Health Team within the Wiltshire area. The role is contracted for a minimum of 3 months and will involve working late shifts and when fully trained over night shifts.
The team works across all age groups for the statutory mental health work which includes children/adolescents, adults (including those with a learning disability), and older people.
The function of the team is to provide social care interventions to those people meeting the threshold for secondary mental health care. This includes assessment, care management, social work interventions, multi-disciplinary working, risk assessment and management.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
* To assist/work alongside Approved Mental Health Professionals and provide back up to the AMHP rota and Mental Health Act Assessments.
* To maintain contact and liaise with Service Users detained in secure hospital settings with a view to enabling a safe transfer into the community
* To undertake social supervision of restricted patients subject to Conditional Discharge under the Mental Health Act 1983 and report to the Home Office (Section 37/41)
* Acting as appropriate adult to vulnerable people who are interviewed by Police under the Police and Criminal Evidence Act (PACE)
* Working within a number of legislative frameworks and needing to make important decisions which can impact hugely upon human rights –Mental Health Legislation: Mental Capacity Act. The Care Act.
* Offering specialist advice to health colleagues in Avon and Wiltshire mental Health Partnership NHS Trust.
To apply for this role, candidates mustBe a Qualified Social Worker with 2yrs minimum evidence of post qualifying learning and development
* Ideally hold Post qualifying award part 1
* Be fully registered with the HCPC as a Social Worker
* Have up-to-date good knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance in relation to working with, and the safeguarding of, vulnerable adults
* Have thorough knowledge of social care legislation and policy as it relates to social workers and the wider social care team, including mental capacity and safeguarding adults
* Be flexible in working nights and weekends
To discuss this role and all Qualified Social Care roles, please contact Emma on (phone number removed)