Come and join the UK’s largest provider of complex care. We proudly employ over 4000+ people - no matter what your experience, we have jobs for everyone.
We'd like you to join us as a Senior Occupational Therapist at the Woodlands Neurological Rehabilitation Centre in York. This role is full time, 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
The post-holder will provide specialist occupational therapy assessment and treatment for an adult resident group with complex, acquired neurological disorders such as stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury and neurodegenerative diseases. The ability to apply comprehensive physical and cognitive skills that complement working in neurological rehabilitation is required
Woodlands is a Consultant led Specialist Level 2 Neurological Rehabilitation Centre based in York. We deliver high quality intensive neurological rehabilitation including physical, cognitive, functional and vocational intervention and complex discharge planning for patients above the age of 18.
We support patients with traumatic brain injury, severe neurological conditions, complex stroke and spinal cord injury. We can undertake SMART assessments for patients in Prolonged Disorders of Consciousness (PDoC) and create bespoke treatment plans.
Our Consultant in Rehabilitation Medicine, leads our specialist interdisciplinary team including a Junior Doctor, Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Neuropsychologist, Therapy Technicians, Specialist Nurses and Rehabilitation Assistants.
We receive input from other professions allied to medicine, including dietetics, orthotics, podiatry, wheelchair services and Music Therapy.
The Centre is a purpose built building with 27 ensuite bedrooms set within 3.5 acres of gardens.
What you'll be doing:
* To undertake all aspects of clinical duties as an autonomous practitioner, demonstrating time management, planning skills and prioritising patients according to clinical need
* To perform advanced Occupational Therapy assessment for patients with diverse presentations and complex physical, cognitive and psychological conditions
* Using highly developed communication skills, to gather information from patients, family, carers, other health care and community professionals to support the patients treatment
* To undertake a full and comprehensive assessment of a range of patients using advanced clinical reasoning skills and assessment techniques. E.g. motor, sensory, cognitive, social, psychological and environmental. Providing a diagnosis of functional status and to develop and deliver an individualised treatment plan
* To use a wide range of knowledge and experience of evidence based practice and treatment options to plan and deliver an individual Occupational Therapy programme, including problem list and goal setting, leading to an agreed outcome (with patient and Multidisciplinary Team)
What you'll have:
* HCPC registration
* Have 2 years neurological clinical experience as a senior occupational therapist
* Have experience of managing a complex caseload of patients, utilising clinical reasoning skills to assess, diagnose and implement appropriate occupational therapy management plans
* Be able to work as an autonomous practitioner and as part as a wider interdisciplinary team
* Develop enhanced skills and maintain CPD through self-directed learning, clinical supervision, mentorship and structured training sessions with occupational therapy colleagues and the interdisciplinary team
* Be responsible for the development, and clinical training and supervision of occupational therapy students, therapy technicians, rehabilitation assistants and peers
* Support the Clinical Lead Occupational Therapist and Head of Therapies in delivering the organisations therapy process
* The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS
We also want to ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable facilities to participate in job applications or interviews to perform essential job functions. To support this, we are a Disability Confident committed employer.
What to look forward to:
* 25 days plus bank holidays
* Birthday off
* Join the Active Learning Hub and benefit from a wide range of e learning and face to face training and development opportunities
* Active Reward App giving discounts and savings on your weekly shop
* Free 24 hour confidential Employee Assistance Programme Helpline & App to support with legal, health, wellbeing, relationship and consumer advice
* A salary sacrifice Aegon 5% matched pension
* Access to join a Medicash Health Plan for you and your family to save money on everyday health essentials – like going to the dentist or opticians
* We recognise outstanding Active Behaviours via the Active Awards programme
* Enhanced Sick & Maternity Pay benefits
* Refer a Friend Scheme and earn yourself up to £1000 by recommending someone you know
* ……and, of course, the support and guidance of our qualified clinical and business leadership teams so that you can really develop your career with Active Care Group