Come and join the UK’s largest provider of complex care. We proudly employ over 4000+ people - no matter what your experience, we have jobs for everyone.
We have a wonderful opportunity for a Senior Physiotherapist to join our friendly team at Woodlands Neurological Rehabilitation Centre in York.
Woodlands is a Consultant led Specialist Level 2 Neurological Rehabilitation Centre based in York. We work in conjunction with York Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and the Humber Coast and Vale STP, to deliver high quality intensive neurological rehabilitation, physical, cognitive, functional and vocational assessments, behavioural management, and complex disability assessments for patients above the age of 18.
We support patients with acquired brain injury, traumatic brain injury, severe neurological conditions, complex stroke and spinal cord injury. We can undertake SMART assessments for patients in Prolonged Disorders of Consciousness (PDoC) and create bespoke treatment plans.
Our Clinical Director, Dr Platts, Consultant in Rehabilitation Medicine, leads our specialist interdisciplinary team including a Junior Doctor, Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Neuropsychologist, Therapy Technicians, Specialist Nurses and Rehabilitation Assistants.
We receive input from other professions allied to medicine, including dietetics, orthotics, podiatry, wheelchair services and Music Therapy.
The Centre is a purpose built building with 25 ensuite bedrooms plus 2 further rooms forming a transitional living flat all set within 3.5 acres of gardens.
This is an exciting opportunity in a growing diverse sector for an enthusiastic and dynamic Senior Physiotherapist. The successful candidate will provide specialist physiotherapy assessment and treatment plans. They will evidence their ability to apply skills that complement working in neurological rehabilitation, however there will be the opportunity to develop skills in these areas.
What you'll be working:
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
What you'll be doing:
You will provide specialist neurological physiotherapy assessment and individualised treatment for an adult inpatient group with complex, acquired neurological disorders such as stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury and neurodegenerative diseases.
The successful candidate will:
* Have extensive and varied experience working as a band 5, or previous experience as a band 6 physiotherapist, with a keen interest in developing their neurological rehabilitation skill and competency
* Have experience of managing a complex caseload of patients, utilising clinical reasoning skills to assess, diagnose and implement appropriate physiotherapy management plans
* Be able to work as an autonomous practitioner, managing a complex caseload and as part as a wider interdisciplinary team, including joint working with a range of other disciplines
* Develop enhanced skills and maintain CPD through self-directed learning, clinical supervision, mentorship and structured training sessions with physiotherapy colleagues and the interdisciplinary team
* Be responsible for the development, and clinical training and supervision of junior physiotherapist, physiotherapy students, rehabilitation assistants, therapy technicians and peers
* Support the Clinical Lead Physiotherapist and the Head of Therapies in delivering Woodland’s therapy rehabilitation processes and developing the service
For a full list of duties and responsibilities, please see the attached job description.
Informal visits are encouraged and interviews will be conducted onsite.
What you'll have:
* A degree in Physiotherapy, as recognised by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) and Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
* You will hold current registration with the (HCPC) and provide evidence of that registration annually upon request.
* Be able to demonstrate knowledge of professional standards from both the HCPC and CSP.
* Knowledge of Evidence Based Practice and ability to implement in clinical practice.
* Knowledge of current Health Policies both local and national in Health, Social Care.
* The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS.
We also want to ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable facilities to participate in job applications or interviews to perform essential job functions. To support this, we are a Disability Confident committed employer.
What to look forward to:
* 25 days plus bank holidays
* Birthday off
* Join the Active Learning Hub and benefit from a wide range of e learning and face to face training and development opportunities
* Active Reward App giving discounts and savings on your weekly shop
* Free 24 hour confidential Employee Assistance Programme Helpline & App to support with legal, health, wellbeing, relationship and consumer advice
* A salary sacrifice Aegon 5% matched pension
* Access to join a Medicash Health Plan for you and your family to save money on everyday health essentials – like going to the dentist or opticians
* We recognise outstanding Active Behaviours via the Active Awards programme
* Enhanced Sick & Maternity Pay benefits
* Refer a Friend Scheme and earn yourself up to £1000 by recommending someone you know
* ……and, of course, the support and guidance of our qualified clinical and business leadership teams so that you can really develop your career with Active Care Group