My client has a brand new 6-bed Children's Home in the Southend on Sea area, to set up and manage a children’s home for 6 children aged 5 – 18 with Learning Disabilities.
To be responsible for managing the day-to-day running of the home.
To facilitate and lead the provision of support to children for medium to long-term planned and emergency placements making effective use of resources and promoting high levels of child involvement as appropriate.
To create and evidence positive outcomes for children.
To comply with all regulatory and legislative requirements within the ‘Children’s Homes (England) Regulations 2015’ including the quality standards for the registration and inspection of Children’s homes.
Duties and responsibilities:
By managing on a day-to-day basis a service that meets all the requirements of Collective Care Ltd and the regulating body’s expectations of a good, outstanding or equivalent service through robust planning, review and monitoring of the policy practice and procedure throughout the service
By leading and being accountable for the achievement of positive outcomes for children and to drive continuous improvement by using performance data and evidence-based outcome measures.
By managing and being responsible for all aspects of the home, ensuring the team provides innovative, responsive, high quality and child focused services to children, based on an assessment of need that is regularly and professionally reviewed and is outcomes driven.
By leading, inspiring, motivating and managing a team of a deputy manager and residential care staff, ensuring the service is appropriately staffed and covered at all times in line with regulatory requirements.
By providing regular supervision and performance reviews to create a workforce that is motivated, skilled and qualified (registered with the appropriate registering body) in line with regulatory requirements to undertake their duties efficiently and effectively.
Ensuring a safe and positive work and service environment, including the management of the physical environment/building is achieved through compliance with all safeguarding, safer recruitment, health and safety policy and procedure
By ensuring systems and processes are in place and applied to enable all legal and statutory records to be maintained in line with regulatory requirements.
By managing a delegated budget, ensuring effective and efficient management of expenditure in the home/service in line with the regulatory requirements and financial requirements.
By establishing and developing effective relationships and channels of communication with colleagues, local authorities, partner agencies and other external agencies, including participating in multiagency meetings as appropriate.
By reviewing service provision with the Responsible Individual, ensuring continued improvements are made, and driving innovation and business development.
By demonstrating a willingness and ability to operate within a constantly changing environment and as such work priorities and targets may change.
By undertaking such other duties that occasionally arise, enables the postholder to always do what’s right, what’s needed, and do what works for children.
Promoting Collective Care’s Equality and Diversity strategy to ensure the promotion of best practices and to inform and develop appropriate action plans
Operational compliance and promotion of all policies and procedures including achieving the highest standards of safeguarding by adopting a child-centred approach at all times.
PERSON SPECIFICATION - REGISTERED MANAGER
Education and Qualifications
• NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care
• Demonstrate commitment to obtain a Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care
• Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care
• Currently working towards the Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care
• Application Form
Knowledge and Experience
• Significant experience of working within a Children’s Home.
• Must have demonstrable knowledge of and commitment to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
• Previous experience and knowledge of the Ofsted Regulatory Framework for Children’s Homes
• Minimum of three years’ experience at a senior level within a social care/health field.
• Previous experience of setting up an Ofsted Registered Children’s Home.
• Experience of managing budgets
• Ability to demonstrate reasoning, numeracy, literacy and technology skills to the required standard.
• Ability to work as a team, working closely with colleagues and other agencies.
• Demonstrate a sound working knowledge of Child Protection Issues and Procedures.
• Sound knowledge of Children’s Homes procedures and relevant issues.
• Ability to exercise authority.
• Proven leadership and management abilities.
• Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
• Working knowledge of the Children’s Homes (England) Regulations 2015 including the quality standards for the registration and inspection of Children’s homes
• Ability to develop and encourage professional growth in others.
• An understanding of budgetary management.
• Proven experience in liaising with Ofsted in regard to Children Home’s inspections