We have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Improvement and Regulation Manager to join us, supporting services across London and the South Coast.
With over 30 years’ experience, circa 250 care homes, and six independent hospitals, Barchester is one of the UK’s foremost care providers. We currently have some of the best quality ratings of any large care home provider in the UK, but we’re not stopping there: our mission is to provide the best possible person-centred care to elderly and vulnerable people, so we’re growing and improving our services.
This critical role is vital to Barchester’s ethos of continuing quality improvement. Our Quality Improvement and Regulation Managers work tirelessly to ensure a consistently high standard of care is delivered to our residents and patients. In this varied role, you will look at all aspects of our homes and hospitals, identifying both areas for improvement and areas of excellence. We are looking for someone who is absolutely passionate about driving quality improvement, focused on the detail, with strong coaching abilities, and exceptional communications skills.
BENEFITS AND REWARDS:
• Competitive starting salary of £45,000, which is reviewed annually
• Generous car allowance of £6,500 per annum
• 10% discretionary annual bonus
• Unlimited access to our generous refer a friend scheme, earning up to £500* per referral
• Access to a wide range of retail and leisure discounts at big brands and supermarkets
• Free access to medical specialists, who are available for a second opinion if you need it to make a decision with confidence
• Confidential and free access to counselling and legal services
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Internal audit experience in the adult social care sector
• Working knowledge of regulation and inspection frameworks
• Passion for driving quality in care home and mental health hospital services
• Ability to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining quality and attention to detail
• Full UK driving licence and ability to travel, including regular overnight stays
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conduct a busy schedule of Quality Improvement Reviews and support visits across a geographic region and at times elsewhere in the country
• Provide corporate assurance that improvement actions are identified and subsequent action plans are put in place
• Support General Managers and Hospital Directors to ensure service improvement is implemented and embedded in a sustainable manner
• Provide advice, guidance, training, and support to our operational managers on a range of regulatory matters across all 4 regulatory jurisdictions
• Support services to achieve and maintain Good or Outstanding ratings with CQC (or country specific equivalent)
• Respond to and review inspection reports and relevant policies
• Keep up to date and knowledgeable on regulations in all 4 regulatory jurisdictions
Barchester Healthcare are proud to be the only healthcare provider to be accredited as one of the best companies to work for in the UK in 2019, 2020, and 2021. We are dedicated to ensuring that our team are respected and their contribution valued. If you are looking to develop a career with an employer that is supportive and offers progression opportunities, Barchester is an empowering and rewarding place to be.