Onecare-UK Ltd is a Homecare and supported living service provider who has built a reputation on quality. We have an opportunity for a Senior Care Worker who is organised, reliable and a team player. This is an important role to ensure quality care is delivered to the service users. Our service users live throughout London and require care and support in their own homes or in our supported living units.
Duties of the post are listed below:
• Participate in and supervise the delivery of care day-to-day operations in Homecare/supported living unit(s).
• Liaise with Care Supervisors ensuring care plans are reviewed regularly and to make any changes required to the care plans and risk assessments accordingly.
• To lead introductory visits every time a Care Worker visits a service user for the first time and ensure their competence is in line with organisation standards through effective shadowing.
• Monitor all service users receive quality care by the staff.
• Ensure the accuracy and completeness of all documentation held in service users' folders and all the written reports and administration are up to date.
• Management of medication.
• To record all necessary information clearly and legibly in line with record keeping policies and procedures.
• Responding to the complaints and queries from service users to coordinators.
• Liaise with carers/service users ensuring they are informed of any changes.
• Have an ability to work in a multi-agency approach.
• To follow rota as allocated by the coordinators in both domiciliary care and supported living units.
• To be on-call in case of emergency as and when required.
• To support care staff in their role by providing guidance and supervising in completing their tasks.
• Provide shadow support to all new care staff, supporting them in their performance.
• Liaise closely with the coordinators regarding effective rota management, permanent allocation of care & support workers and the updating of Care & Support Plans.
• Identify any training needs of junior care workers and inform to the Care supervisor accordingly.
• Generally, assists with service users’ overall comfort and well-being. Enables service users to dress, undress, wash, use the toilet, bathe; and prepare and serve meals to service users.
• To observe, monitor and report to the Care Manager / Care supervisor, any significant changes in the service user's health or well-being,
• Working with other members of the team to ensure high-quality service provision.
• To maintain ongoing service user compliance by undertaking care plan and risk assessment reviews.
• Ensure a safe as possible living environment for Service Users whilst respecting Service User’s choices and rights, needs and preferences and promoting independence, choice and control.
• To review MAR charts and undertake MAR log audits daily.
• Ensuring all services are compliant with the legislation, safeguarding, Health & Safety per CQC standards regulations.
• The responsibilities above are not the exhaustive list. It may be subject to a periodic review. The manager may delegate additional duties required as per business needs.
Qualifications, skills and experience required for the post
· A minimum of QCF Level 3 in Health and Social care or equivalent.
· Three years experience in Health and Social care
· Good communication skills in English
· Ability to plan and organise; can work under pressure
· Ability to lead effectively and be a member of a team
· Flexible to work shifts
· Good knowledge of CQC requirements
· Good IT skills
Working Days: Monday to Friday, Saturday & Sunday
Working Hours: 39 hrs per week
* providing care: 1 year (preferred)
* Senior care: 2 years (preferred)
* Driving License (preferred)
* NVQ Level 3 Health & Social Care (preferred)
Application deadline: 01/03/2024