Cardea Healthcare is a specialist healthcare recruitment agency providing home care services in the community. We are currently recruiting for charismatic and friendly home carers who will be working with a variety of clients including elderly, end-of life and learning disabilities.
The main responsibilities of the role are to support the individual's living within their own homes to be as comfortable and safe as possible. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible to those who need it most. We care for a variety of individuals including those who are elderly/frail, physical disabilities, palliative illnesses, and end of life care.
Main duties and responsibilities:
* Support and encouragement to empower your client to lead an independent lifestyle
* Providing fulltime companionship and conversation
* Meal preparation and cooking
* Light domestic tasks and general household duties such as cleaning, bed making, laundry and ironing
* Accompanying clients to appointments, social engagements and errands such as shopping
* Pet care
* Communicating with family, friends and other healthcare professionals on their behalf
* To work towards agreed outcomes for the service user which may include social inclusion or teaching if life skills.
Personal care may additionally involve:
* Washing, bathing, showering and oral care
* Dressing and preparation for the day
* Toileting and continence management
* Assistance with eating
* Assisting, administering or prompting with medication
* Use of moving and handling equipment (after training) if a client is unable to mobilise on their own.
* Working closely with other care professionals such as District Nurses and GPs
* Assisting clients with their nighttime routine, including undressing and washing
* Recording and Reporting
The candidate must have the following:
* At least 6 months care experience
* Ideally have a Driving Licence and access to their own Vehicle
* An up-to-date DBS
* Full UK drivers’ licence
The following attainments and personal attributes are considered essential to the post:
* Self-motivated, responsible, and able to act on your initiative
* Be able to demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills
* Be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Benefits of working with Cardea Healthcare
* Competitive rates of pay starting at £10.50 per hour
* Paid mileage
* 28 days paid holiday days based upon an accrual relating to hours worked
* Free training
* Employee Assistance Programme – which includes health and well-being tips
* Pension contributions
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity and would like to discuss the role further, please apply now and one of our consultants will be in touch with you.
NO SPONSORSHIPS AVAILABLE