Purpose of the Job
* Engage in the effective delivery of residential childcare in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
* Maintain good professional practices in accordance with the Quality standards for children’s homes, and The Children’s home regulations 2015
* Help create a positive environment for each young person with particular reference to his or her safety, health and education.
Areas of Responsibility
Contribute to the delivery of effective individual care plans and risk assessments
To work in partnership with other agencies
To support young people to make progress and achieve positive outcomes
Key Tasks and objectives require you to contribute to the young persons care plans, their review and implementation, to form effective relationships with residents and their families. To work in a manner that ensures:
A caring environment is maintained.
Emotional and physical needs are met
* “Safe care” standards are met.
* Opportunities for children to develop and make progress are maximised.
* Children’s views and wishes are sought and acted upon where appropriate.
* Good quality records are maintained, as required, with supervision and advice from Team leaders and the Homes Manager
* Good professional practice in the home in accordance with National Standards.
* A positive environment for each resident with particular regard to their safety, health and education.
* Support and development of relationships with colleagues in the Children’s homes and other agencies.
* Undertaking a “key worker” role with young people as required.
* “Sleep-in” duties on a rota basis and flexible working in keeping with the needs of the service
* Ensure the home is kept clean, tidy and safe condition, encouraging the children to participate as appropriate.
* The preparation and cooking of nutritious meals taking into account dietary and cultural needs.
* To transport young people to activities/education etc
Relevant Experience and Knowledge
* Ability to be able to manage conflict/challenging behaviour
* Ability to maintain home records
* Must be IT literate
* Must be able to complete records to a high standard (such as daily records)
* Ability to plan and prioritise workload.
* Ability to maintain sound professional judgement when working under pressure.
* Ability to demonstrate flexibility and initiative.
* Ability to learn and develop new skills.
* Must be prepared to work evenings, weekends and bank holidays as requested.
* To sleep-in as required.
* Must be a driver with a car and business insurance, and be prepared to use for young people
* Be prepared to attend regular training
Locations required are,
St.Helens, Crewe, Bury, Chester, Warrington, Wigan
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £18,000.00 to £25,000.00 /year