Our Client are now looking for a day Senior Carer to join their team
Hourly rate of pay - £12.5 - £13
Job purpose – To assess, plan, deliver and evaluate a high personalised standard of residential care which meets the individual needs of residents and the high standards expected at the home. To ensure that at all times residents are treated with respect and dignity and that individual’s rights to privacy, dignity, independence and choice are met. To ensure that the company’s mission statement and core values are carried through all aspects of patient care.
• To be responsible for the care of all Residential residents within the home.
• To oversee the care being provided, identify shortfalls and rectify any shortfalls in staff performance.
• To audit, action and review standards within Residential units
• To effectively lead the team.
• To formulate, implement and regularly maintain Residential care plans, providing the highest level of personal care and attention to residents, following individual care plans carefully and ensuring that all contact is polite, friendly, warm and supportive.
• To understand and comply with all statutory and legal requirements which are relevant such as Health & Safety, COSHH, all aspects of the Care Standards Act and ensure that the correct accident and incident reporting procedures are followed to maintain a safe environment throughout the home.
• To provide and supervise the delivery of Residential care, acting as a resource for all the caring team, identifying any training and development needs, assisting colleagues to their maximum and assist in training programmes.
• To ensure highest levels of personal hygiene and infection control measures are always adhered to.
• To maintain and keep accurate Residential records, by liaising with residents, relatives and staff to ensure care planning is timely undertaken, implemented and evaluated, to participate in resident care reviews with residents, relatives and social workers as arranged and to ensure support groups for residents, friends and relatives are maintained.
• To monitor, dispense and administer medication to residents as prescribed, accurately maintaining appropriate records in line with current legislative guidelines.
• To oversee and carry out effective stock control and ordering of resident’s prescribed medication and medical products for the home in line with current legislative guidelines.
• To respect and maintain confidentiality of resident’s personal information at all times, this includes resident’s behaviour and actions and any incidents that may occur in the course of day to day care.
• To be an active and encouraging member of the care team, contributing to team meetings and resident review meetings, ensuring good communication and assisting in the induction and training of newly appointed members of the care team, ensuring the home is a friendly, supportive caring environments.
• To ensure accurate and timely reporting of all annual leave, sickness, complaints, accidents mishaps and Daily Census to the Manager. Carrying out all procedures laid down according to Company Policy.
• To deputies’ for the deputy in their absence where required.
• Any other reasonable request made by a director or Manager