Day and Night positions available.
We are currently looking people to join our team who are committed to meeting the needs of all the people we support, that have a good sense of humour and are friendly towards others
One thing that is for sure is that joining our team in Penn will be fulfilling and rewarding, Offering you stability with the opportunity to grow and develop your career further.
We asked the people we support what they wanted in their support team, and they said:
* “We would like people who are supportive and friendly who likes to take us out, especially eating out we all like that”
* “I would like someone who likes to cook, who can help me in the kitchen”
* “Enjoys walking, but also likes board games and card games.”
* “Good at communication in case we have any problems”
* “They should like playing games after dinner and going to the cinema and bowling”
* “Likes to run, depending on the weather- not in the rain”
* “Active person who likes swimming, can take me horse riding and play tennis”
* “Going to the pub for a beer or apple cider, the park, the gym and mini golf”
The role involves:
* Promoting and delivering a person-centred support culture across the service
* Supporting people with all aspects of their daily living as per their support plan, this may include personal care and taking their medication
* Supporting and coaching people to learn independent living skills like cooking and laundry tasks
* Supporting people to access the community for social, educational or employment opportunities
* Safeguarding service users’ rights and dignity
* Taking an active role in peoples support plans and risk assessment’s
* Provide effective communication within the team and attending regular team & service user meetings
* To liaise professionally with family members and other professionals.
If you have previous experience of working with adults with learning disabilities or can transfer existing skills to this role, we would like to hear from you.
* An effective team member
* Flexible to meet the needs of the service
* A positive attitude & passionate about supporting adults with learning disabilities
* Can demonstrate a practical understanding of delivering support with dignity, privacy and respect
* Excellent written and Verbal communication skills
* Excellent IT skills
* Full manual driving licence & use of a car is desirable
Apply now and one of our team will be in touch to discuss how you can begin your rewarding career - No agencies please!
Due to the vulnerable nature of the service users all applicants must be over 18